Sr. Web Application Developer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
For over 50 years, Summit Group has been helping companies “Live their Brand” through a multitude of solutions that include branded merchandise, reward & recognition technology and programs, eCommerce platforms and creative communication campaigns—all designed to impact employees, channel partners and clients. We pride ourselves in “Relentlessly Hunting for the Wow” for our teams and our clients. We believe that serving our clients starts internally with happy teams who feel appreciated and “Work Together Like Family”.
The Sr. Web Application Developer role leads the design, development, and implementation of web interfaces for Summit’s client base on a Microsoft supported platform. This position requires hands-on requirements analysis, development, testing, and solution implementation skill.
- Analyzes business processes to develop functional and aligning technical requirements
- Create solutions for web-based applications and client web sites
- Work with management to ensure layout for the client site is accessible, easy to navigate, logical and scalable. Also, recommend improvements as necessary
- Compile documentation of site development to determine subsequent revisions, page comments to be included in coded instructions
- Consult with others to clarify program intent, identify concerns, and suggest changes
- Debug, adapt, and modify code and logic of existing applications to increase proficiency
- Lead and assists in determining portability of code between operating systems, browsers, and devices
- Maintain standards for the development life cycle and change management processes
- Evaluate, select, integrate, and implement new system solution that align with system architecture
- Prepare workflow diagrams that describe input, output, and logical operations
- Re-use code to maximize processing speed and use memory efficiently
- Contribute to instructions or manuals to guide end users
- On-going maintenance of existing client sites and other Summit web-based applications
What does it take to be a successful Sr. Web Application Developer?
- Effective Communication
- Initiative / Independent Action
- Influencing Others / Relationship-building
- Willingness to Learn
- Analytical Thinking
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- Bachelor’s degree (Computer Science or Web Development is preferred) and 5-7 years relevant Web Development experience
- MBA Degree in Computer Science, experience with programming and systems design is required
- Required 5-7 years proven experience in website development with database integration (provide tangible examples)
- Required 5-7 years SQL Server 2012+ and Azure SQL experience required with a solid understanding of stored procedure development using T-SQL
- Required 5-7 years using Microsoft technologies (ASP.NET, MVC, C#, ADO.NET, Entity Framework, WCF/Web Services/Remoting/Azure)
- Experience with cross-browser and cross-platform issues (IE, Firefox, Safari, Chrome, etc.)
- . ASP.NET, MVC, C#, ADO.NET, Entity Framework, WCF/Web Services/Remoting/Azure (updated technology stack)
- Exposure to REST and effective web service design
- Experience using git as source control
- Conceptional understanding of CI/CD practices
- Experience using dependency injection frameworks
We believe in building Better Lives for our associates and offering excellent benefits and perks, to include:
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- Flexible PTO Program (vacations are encouraged!)
- Paid time off to “give back” to the community
- 401K retirement account with an employer match
- Summit Wellness Program, to include unlimited access to a Wellness Coach
- Continuing education reimbursement
Culture means everything to us. Working at Summit will give you the opportunity to be around the best team members who are serious about family, values, and success. Together, the Summit family works hard to make our vision come alive, constantly finding ways to Build Stronger Brands to Create Richer Lives and a Better World.
Consider being a part of this exciting journey and join our dynamic, growing team today!
Summit Group LLC
AddressSilver Spring, MD
TechnologyView all jobs at Summit Group LLC