Safety Specialist for Fire Protection Industry
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
Are you interested in working for the nation’s leading fire protection company and beginning a rewarding and satisfying career that helps save the lives of thousands each year? Do you want to be a part of a growing and expanding team of industry experts? If so, exploring career opportunities with Summit Fire & Security may be right for you!
Summit Fire & Security, a subsidiary of SFP Holding, Inc. (Summit Companies), is a full-service provider for fire detection, suppression, and security with a full suite of capabilities that includes design, installation, testing, inspections, and maintenance. We serve customers across many verticals on a local, regional, and national scale. We’re proud of our well-deserved reputation for quality work that’s completed by our talented and experienced installation workforce. Summit Fire & Security is a dynamic organization with endless growth opportunities spanning over 70 locations in more than 20 states.
The Safety/Quality Specialist (SQS) is responsible for distributing safety policy to each location. The SQS is responsible for assisting the Regional Managers, District Managers, and Superintendents with training field resources to meet safety and quality goals. The SQS is responsible for assisting with scheduling and holding quarterly safety/quality meetings and/or training. The SQS is also responsible for assisting with scheduling internal and external quality audits.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Consistently monitor safety policy to ensure compliance with the applicable State and Federal regulations.
- Maintain safety/quality policy such that compliance is maintained with the applicable regulations.
- Ensure that each district has access to the most current copy of company safety/quality policy/procedures.
- Provide and assist with training of personnel to cover any recent changes/revisions to policy/procedures.
- Assist with tracking annual safety/quality goals.
- Will approach work place safety and quality through audits, site visits, training, and best managed practices.
- Assist superintendents, supervision, and management in identifying key safety/quality issues in field operations and provide guidance in opportunities for improvement.
- Assist districts with implementing best-managed practices from lessons learned and district-to-district information to improving safety/quality operations.
The qualifications listed below are representative of the elements required to perform the job successfully, however in some cases, an equivalent combination of Education, Training, Certifications and Experience may meet the job qualifications.
Education, Training, Certifications:
- Bachelors or Associates Degree preferred in Environmental Health and Safety or related field; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Experience, Knowledge, Skill Requirements:
- 2 years’ experience working as Safety administrator or similar role in a construction environment. Ability to work be able to work alone and as a member of a team. Basic math skills, Mechanical aptitude, problem solving skills, ability to multitasking, problem solving skills, planning and organizing skills, and the ability to train others required.
- Must be able to communicate both orally and in writing in an effective manner across all levels of the business organization. Must be able to speak and write English clearly. Ability to present information in a teaching type environment and effectively respond to questions relevant to the discipline of material content.
Systems and Software Skills:
- Ability to operate a computer with MS Office products required.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record required.
PHYSICAL & WORK ENVIROMENT REQUIREMENTS
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform Essential Job Duties.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to drive, sit, stand, and walk for extended periods of time. The employee will occasionally be required to balance, bend, kneel, lift <20lbs, reach and ascend/decent ladders and stepstools.
Frequent local, regional and non-regional travel is required. Employee will be required to work in an office setting as well as outside on construction sites. Employee will also be exposed to and required to work in hot/cold temperatures and wet conditions occasionally while wearing required personal protective equipment, while rarely dealing with noise, moving machinery, cramped quarters, dust, fumes and odors.
Our company is consistently recognized for service excellence in the fire protection industry. Summit Fire & Security supports trade skills and workforce development by hosting Recognized Apprenticeships and on-the-job training (OJT) programs for new career-seekers. Many members of our leadership chair NFPA code compliance committees, serve on regional safety boards, and support technical education in local schools. Summit Fire & Security supports employees in their professional development by offering continued development, training, and education by encouraging NICET and other career-advancing certifications. We continually strive to be the Employer of Choice for highly motivated team members who want to succeed in a high-growth environment. We encourage initiative, independence, diversity, and personal career growth.
Demonstrating the combination of experience, knowledge, and customer service is the key to our performance and helps us achieve our goal of providing the highest quality fire protection services possible to protect lives and property.
Summit Fire & Security offers extensive training opportunities, career advancement, competitive pay, bonus opportunities, along with an industry leading and affordable benefits package for eligible employees. Our benefits package includes:
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Plan with Company Match
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Long-Term Disability – Employer Paid
- Short-Term Disability – Employer Paid
- Additional Voluntary Ancillary Benefits such as Accident and Hospital Indemnity
- Life Insurance for Team Members and Dependents
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Program
Our Core Values
- We are PASSIONATE about life safety
- We have INTEGRITY (Do the right thing)
- We work in PARTNERSHIP with our customers and community
- We constantly strive for OPERATIONAL EXCELLENCE (Do things right)
Summit Fire & Security participates in E-Verify & in alignment with our commitment to safety, we promote a drug-free workplace. Summit Fire & Security is an equal-opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
Summit Fire & SecurityHenrico, VA
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.