Local manufacturer is seeking a Server Administrator.
Responsible for ensuring that system-wide technology infrastructure runs smoothly and efficiently by provisioning, maintaining, upgrading and managing server software, hardware and network services. In addition, the Server Administrator position has responsibility to monitor systems performance, troubleshoot issues and ensure security of the network infrastructure. The Server Administrator also assists in achieving the goals of the IT Department in the selection, deployment, operation and maintenance of various network services, devices, hardware, desktop solutions and software support.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Installs, configures and manages network servers, storage systems, switches, tape libraries and other data center technology hardware.
- Installs and configures servers and network software.
- Upgrades systems with new releases and models.
- Monitors availability of software updates and manages deployment.
- Monitors performance and maintains systems according to requirements.
- Ensures security through access controls, disaster recovery and security software and devices.
- Develops procedures to maintain security and protect systems from unauthorized use, acts of nature and user abuse.
- Develops procedures, programs and documentation for backup and restoration of host operating systems and host-based applications.
- Develops and coordinates project directions and schedules to maximize benefits and minimize impacts.
- Stays current with technologies in systems administration technology and recommends ways to take advantage of new technology.
- Troubleshoots issues and outages.
- Ensures high availability and acceptable levels of performance of mission critical host computer resources.
- Works with other departments to implement changes and updates they specify.
- Maintains detailed records of area of responsibility including, but not limited to server hardware and software.
- Collaborates with other members of the IT Department to resolve issues that involve issues with servers, network infrastructure, and LAN/WAN technologies.
- Assists support personnel in the identification of root cause of issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Sciences, or other technical field.
- Five (5) to ten (10) years proven experience as a System Administrator, Network Administrator or similar role.
- Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA or MCSE) is preferred.
- Ability to quickly learn technologies and products using documentation and internet resources.
- Familiarity with database design, documentation, standards and coding.
- Must be resourceful and able to effectively troubleshoot complex technical issues.
- Able to research and develop creative solutions to unique problems.
- Familiarity with various operating systems and platforms.
- Experience operating in physical and virtual machine/client environments.
- Knowledge of system security and data backup/recovery.
- Experience with data center hardware, network hardware (LAN, WAN) and patch management.
- Hands-on experience with end user applications.
- Capable of designing, building and deploying technology infrastructure and processes.
- Experience with SQL Database Administration.
- Be able to effectively communicate in both oral and written forms with team members, users and management.
- Must be able to work independently and as a team member, set priorities, and organize work to meet deadlines.
- Must be user-oriented, cool-tempered and able to work as a team membe