Summit Electric Supply Albuquerque, NM
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Systems Administrator is responsible for assessing, architecting, engineering, implementing, and managing technology solutions including: collaborating with application, development, and infrastructure teams on solution design, aligning technology portfolio to achieve desired business outcomes, partnering with appropriate stakeholders to define and mature engineering practices.
Some of the responsibilities include:
- Assess, propose, and prioritize engineering efforts based on value and alignment with corporate objectives.
- Execute on architecting, engineering, and deploying technology solutions, focusing on resiliency, recoverability, security, performance, manageability, and total cost of ownership.
- Partner with others on the infrastructure team for technology research, innovation, and experimentation efforts.
- Collaborate with team members from other subject domains to define and mature engineering practices, focusing on engineering principles.
- Perform technology evaluations and make recommendations for hardware, software, and services.
- Act as subject matter expert on assigned technologies.
- Provide Tier 3 technical support including participation in after-hours, on-call rotation.
- Work with IT teams on troubleshooting, isolating, and resolving issues.
- Enable infrastructure teams to manage technology assets by creating documentation and leading knowledge transfer sessions.
Essential Skills and Experience
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field; or equivalent experience/training.
- 3+ years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in management of a Microsoft-centric server environment.
- Experience with solutions engineering and applying systems thinking principles.
- Experience with core infrastructure, hardware, technologies and services (Backups, Blade Chassis, Hyperconverged, Email, Route/Switch, SAN, Virtualization, UPS).
- Experience with end user hardware and technologies (VDI, laptops, desktops, printers, MDM).
- Experience with cloud technologies, including building and operating cloud applications.
- Advanced knowledge of OSI model and networking fundamental.
- Advanced knowledge and application of IT security best-practices.
- Advanced knowledge and application of IT operational best-practices.
- Knowledge of application design principles and service-oriented architecture.
- Experience with programming/scripting languages.
- Must be proactive and have a strong work ethic.
- Must be organized and able to plan/orchestrate work activities.
- Must have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Must be an effective communicator in both technical and common business language.
- Must be an effective communicator in both written and verbal forms.
Beneficial Skills and Experience
- Experience working with agile software development teams on solutions delivery
- Understanding of agile and lean frameworks, including Scrum and Kanban
- Experience administering MacOS in an enterprise environment.
- CCNA Certification or higher.
- ITIL Foundations Certification or higher.
- MCSA Certification or higher.
- Consistent sitting for many hours at one time.
- Regular and consistent use of keyboard and mouse is necessary.
- Ability to climb stairs on occasion.
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 25 pounds.
- Majority of the job is located inside the office, during regular hours of operation.
- Ability to travel as necessary.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Not sure yet if this is the right position for you? Click here to submit your information to our recruiting team.
Summit is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity and inclusivity in all stages of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training. We assess candidates based on skill, experience, and alignment with Summit’s mission and vision, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, pregnancy, age and veteran or disability status.
Summit Electric Supply
TechnologyView all jobs at Summit Electric Supply