Civil Project Manager
- Expired: October 22, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Summit Design and Engineering Services is seeking a Civil Project Manager for our Colorado Branch. The candidate should possess the ability to manage projects to success, establish and maintain client relationships, and inspire a high level of performance from the team. This position will report to our office in Westminster, CO.
- Supervise the execution of projects including technical, financial, client coordination, approvals and permitting issues
- Prepare proposals with project schedules and fees
- Establish budgets and time schedules for proposed work
- Effectively manage and assign duties and schedules to assigned team members
- Exceed clients' expectations and foster client relationships by collaboration and problem solving.
- Communicate with clients regularly to provide project status and updates.
- Ensure individual and department QA/QC procedures are followed.
- Fully permit and secure entitlements of projects including rezoning, special use permits, conditional use permits, site plan approvals and required construction document approvals and permits.
- Supervise construction administration related duties such as meetings, site visits, responses to RFIs, and review of shop drawings.
- Lead and mentor staff, including civil designers and CAD technicians assigned to project team to ensure all responsibilities are met and that time is spent efficiently and effectively.
- Prepare monthly invoices for assigned projects and review and approve sub-consultant invoices.
- Participate in business development by maintaining existing client relationships and acquiring new contacts/clients through attendance to local meetings, workshops and/or social events.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously while meeting project budgets and schedules.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, Landscape Architecture, or related field
- Registration as a Professional preferred
- Minimum 8 years of experience
- Working knowledge of various computer programs including Civil 3D, AutoCAD, MS Office
- Specific design experience required with planning, site layout, landscaping, grading, storm drainage, stormwater management, utilities, and erosion control
- Familiarity with entitlement processes and local permitting regulations
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instruction
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Ability to prepare presentations and effectively deliver those to Boards, Commissions, and Communities
- Effective collaboration skills
- Ability to manage and grow key relationships with clients and to market the services to clients
- Ability to work independently as well as on teams
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to stand and walk on job sites as needed for job
- Ability to drive
Salary Range: $85,000 to $115,000 per annum*
*Salary commensurate with relevant professional experience & credentials
Summit Design and Engineering Services is a multi-disciplined design and engineering firm. Established in 1997 and operating as Summit since 2004, we are structured to adapt quickly and offer clients the most current technology, innovative design solutions and comprehensive project management for turn-key delivery. We are passionate about what we do and always pursue excellence for our clients. We are headquartered in Hillsborough, North Carolina and have other offices throughout North Carolina as well as Virginia, South Carolina, Florida and Colorado.
Why Work for Summit?
At Summit, we encourage and support each other in our endeavors. We welcome different perspectives and ensure everyone's voice is heard. We act with integrity and transparency, lead with purpose, and embrace diversity. We promote individual growth and share success with our team and partners. We strive to be integral to the success of the communities we build and invest in community and company events that help our employees and their families feel connected.
We are devoted to developing Summit team members to be the best in the industry because we are passionate about our pursuit of excellence. We offer flexibility and encourage people to have a strong work life balance. We value hard work, having fun, and enjoy spending time together. We seek individuals that want to help us build a more diverse and inclusive engineering and design community. If you want take your career to the next level, please apply.
Summit Design and Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action. E-verify.
A background check, including a criminal and driving record check, will be performed. A criminal conviction will not automatically disqualify a candidate. Many factors will be considered when a conviction is present.
Summit Design and Engineering Services
Get fresh Civil Engineering Project jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.