The Project Engineer is responsible for providing direct support to project management and field supervision staff and for assisting them with the overall direction, safety, completion, and financial outcome of the project from initial budget through project completion. At project start-up, the project engineer will work with the project team to develop a project strategy and clearly define project responsibilities. Thereafter, the project engineer’s main responsibilities include the following:
- Performing a thorough review of plans and specifications
- Developing and managing the bidders list for proper bid coverage
- Creating and reviewing subcontractor scope sheets
- Preparing cost estimates
- Preparing drawing take offs
- Assisting in writing contracts
- Developing and maintaining the overall project schedule and updates as required
- Creating and managing weekly OAC meeting minutes
- Creating and managing company logs (CC, Purchasing, Submittal, RFI)
- Managing RFIs and Submittals in a timely and accurate manner
- Actively tracking pending and potential costs on CCL
- Providing an accurate cost report
- Writing change requests, change orders, and commitment change orders
- Completing pay applications with accuracy and timeliness
- Assisting superintendent with preparation of punchlist
- Assisting superintendent with project punchout
- Assisting with final testing & inspection sign offs
- Coordinating owner/MEP walkthroughs including preparation of meeting minutes
- Obtaining Certificate of Substantial Completion
- Obtaining Certificate of Occupancy & Original Signed Off Permits
- Assisting in the compilation and completion of the close out package
- Other tasks and projects as assigned
The Project Engineer is also responsible for working with the Project Manager to monitor and achieve project goals in the areas of overhead, general conditions, profit and total client satisfaction.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture or related field.
- 3-5 years of experience working in commercial construction.
- Ability to effectively make sound decisions under tight deadlines.
- Ability to organize, plan and manage multiple activities to accomplish desired results.
- Exhibit commitment to quality by evaluating project-related processes. Make necessary changes, use customer input to make improvements, and meet/exceed internal and external client expectations.
- Act in a manner of integrity that shows support for the company, its values, and the employees, while maintaining constant focus on meeting/exceeding client
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Project or equivalent is required
- Previous experience with On Screen Takeoff, Sage CRE 300 (Timberline Project Management), Procore and Bluebeam or similar software preferred.
Summit Design + Build, LLCChicago, IL
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.