Summit County Coalville, UT
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Summit County, located in Utah, is recruiting an industrious housekeeper who will ensure proper cleaning and routine maintenance of county facilities. Knowledge is needed of procedures, tools, equipment, and materials used in custodial work, along with safety practices and use of cleaning agents and equipment. Duties will require moderate physical strength and the ability to perform heavy lifting. Developing a positive working relationship with co-workers and supervisors as well as being able to follow oral and written instructions is essential. Works under the general supervision of the Housekeeping Supervisor. We are a drug free workplace conducting pre-employment drug testing. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage women, minorities and the disabled to apply. Open until filled. First Review 1/21/2021
SALARY $15.13 -$21.21/hourly
- Options for a premium free Health Plan
- Dental Plan
- Life Insurance
- State of Utah Retirement
- Sick Leave
- Parental Leave
- Vacation Pay
- Performs facility care and cleaning tasks suck as vacuuming, floor stripping and refinishing, carpet cleaning, auto scrubbing, etc.
- Monitors custodial supplies and materials inventory; apprises supervisor of shortages.
- Sweeps, buffs, dusts, strips, waxes, washes, and polishes hard surface floors; washes and cleans walls, door frames, doors, and glass; empties and cleans waste receptacles; cleans, disinfects and sanitizes rest room sinks and bowls; washes windows; vacuums and shampoos carpets and entry rugs and mats; maintains work closets and monitors availability of supplies.
- Operates various cleaning equipment such as power buffer, carpet extraction machine, etc.; mixes chemicals as needed to perform specialized cleaning functions.
- Monitors work activities of community service workers; assures quality of work and compliance with work assignments.
- Performs general facility security checks; checks door locks and other systems for proper operation; opens and closes doors, allowing access to facilities during regular work hours.
- Performs various logistical and minor maintenance duties; sets up for special events, moves tables, chairs, and podiums; assembles tables and miscellaneous furniture upon delivery, signs for deliveries; occasionally assists in performing general maintenance; replaces burned out lamps.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Graduation from high school
- Must possess a valid driver's license
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Basic knowledge of procedures, tools, equipment and materials used in custodial work; safety practices of custodial work and use of cleaning agents and equipment.
- Ability to operate tools and equipment used in custodial work; ability to follow oral and written instructions; ability to perform heavy lifting and other duties requiring moderate physical strength. Ability to develop working relationship with other employees and supervisor(s).
Incumbent of the position performs both indoor and outdoor physically demanding duties. Tasks require a variety of physical activities, generally involving muscular strain, such as lifting, walking, standing, stooping, reaching, hearing and seeing. Common eye, hand, finger, leg and foot dexterity exist. Mental application utilizes memory for details, verbal instructions, emotional stability and discriminating thinking, guided problem solving. May be required to lift in excess of 50 pounds in normal course of job performance.