Summit County Coalville, UT
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Summit County, located in Utah, is seeking candidates for Administrative Technician. Provides centralized administrative support for the day-to-day operations of the Transit District and its Board of Trustees. The person in this role will often be the primary point of contact at the Transit District. Works under the direct supervision of the General Manager of the Snyderville Basin Transit District. We are a drug free workplace conducting pre-employment drug testing. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage women, minorities and the disabled to apply. Open until filled. First Review 1/29/2021.
SALARY $16.04 - $22.17/hourly
- Options for a premium free Health Plan
- Dental Plan
- Life Insurance
- State of Utah Retirement
- Sick Leave
- Parental Leave
- Vacation Pay
- Provides administrative support to transit district employees and the Board of Trustees
- Prepares meeting agendas and packets; prepares legal notice mailings for Board of Trustees meetings, including compliance with Open Meetings Act requirements
- Acts as a contact between the Transit District and other organizations or persons
- Receives and appropriately addresses inquiries and complaints, internal and external
- Maintains meeting calendars; schedules meetings and coordinates collecting and disseminating of meeting materials; takes and transcribes meeting minutes
- Provides occasional support to the public
- Prepares and sends invoices and verifies payments are received
- Proactively tracks contract processes, renewals, and change orders
- Disseminates departmental information and policies
- Coordinates logistics related to travel
- Additional, position-specific duties as required or assigned
- High School diploma
- Three years of administrative work experience (two years of business education training may be substituted for up to one year of experience) OR
- An equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must be able to demonstrate a proficiency in keyboard operations and Microsoft Office suite of products
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) ability preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Working knowledge of modern office practices and procedures; grammar, spelling and punctuation; personal computer operations and various Microsoft program applications such as Word, Excel, etc.; administrative procedures; legal processes associated with the maintenance of public records and documents; telephone etiquette, interpersonal communication skills, bookkeeping, and basic accounting. Knowledge of Summit County Personnel Policies and Procedures and other County operating procedures.
- Skill in handling tough situations with people who are upset about service or an interaction with an employee of the District; customer support and outstanding customer service techniques and principles.
- Ability to exercise initiative, independent judgment and to act resourcefully under varying conditions; communicate effectively verbally and in writing; handle public or customer relations and conflict situations; establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees, elected officials and other agencies of the public; establish and maintain comprehensive records and files.
- Incumbent of the position performs in a typical office setting with appropriate climate controls. Tasks require variety of physical activities, not generally involving muscular strain, such as walking, standing, stooping, sitting, reaching, talking, hearing, and seeing. Rapid work speed required to perform keyboard operations. Common eye, hand, finger, leg and foot dexterity required for essential functions. Mental application utilizes memory for details, verbal instructions, emotional stability and discriminating thinking.
- Family and individual-friendly environment supporting employees with their interest
- Potential for occasional remote working
- Evening meetings occasionally required