- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Project Manager I: Manages design/build, construction management or construct only projects from project assignment through completion. Accountable for all construction activities on assigned project(s).
· Assists business development teams in responding to RFP’s including the preparation of conceptual estimates, schedules, and other proposal documents. Participates in client presentation if required.
· Monitors the progress of design documents. Participates in design review meetings and provides input regarding constructability, as well as scope and cost changes.
· Prepares detailed estimates and cost code input to cost control systems.
· Responsible for preparing bid packages and invitation to bid inquiries, receiving and analyzing bids, qualifying subcontractors, and awarding subcontracts and major purchase orders.
· Works with Director of Construction and construction core personnel to establish job organization including superintendent requirements.
· Plans, sequences, and schedules the project with input from the superintendent and subcontractors. Manages the project schedule, conducts job site meetings, and prepares updated schedules.
· Responsible for project cost control including cost reports review and project status summaries.
· Coordinates requirements of governing authorities for permits, inspections and final approval of the project with A/E.
· Maintains submittal control, including scheduling, receiving, reviewing, approving, and expediting submittals from suppliers and subcontractors to comply with progress schedule.
· Manages client relations, including progress meetings, correspondence, periodic reports, change orders and response to client inquiries.
· Works with Project Coordinator to prepare and secures owner acceptance of contract change orders. Coordinates modifications to subcontracts and purchase orders after owner acceptance and updates budget.
· Manages payments to subcontractors and vendors, including reviewing and approving schedules of value, pay requisitions, invoices and required insurance coverage.
· Manages subcontractor and supplier performance issues including documentation, default notices and replacement, if necessary.
· Reviews and monitors project progress, quality and safety. Works with superintendent and makes corrections as required to comply with contract and company policy and procedures.
· Assists in the development of construction personnel through mentoring and on-the-job training.
· Effectively manages project close-out tasks and any warranty work.
Bachelor’s degree in engineering or construction management or equivalent plus five years minimum in construction management.
Must have experience in a commercial environment with knowledge of tilt up construction and conventional structural steel.
Experience as a General Contractor Project Manager is preferred
Ability to manage multiple projects at a time
Specific Knowledge, Skills, License, Certifications Etc.
· Expertise in managing resources, including budgets, schedules and materials in an environment of multiple, competing demands
· Knowledge of estimating, construction methods, engineering, equipment and technology
· Excellent understanding of safety procedures.
· Excellent organizational, supervisory, communication, collaboration and analytical skills
· Ability to travel occasionally per project requirements
· Preference to be proficient in Procore, Blue Beam, Microsoft Office Suite
· Ability to create and manage a project schedule using MS Project preferred
· Accountability: Accepting responsibility that results in anticipation/prevention of problem areas from actions, and problem solving inside and outside the department/organization.
· Customer Focus: Makes service to internal and external customers a priority; focuses on exceeding customer expectations, not just meeting them; recognizes and values all key stakeholders; applies and develops service excellence skills.
· Effective Communication: Listens for understanding and appreciation, encourages open feedback; presents clearly and effectively one on one, and in small and large group settings; considers the audience in preparing messages and in choosing the appropriate communication channels; creates and encourages open channels of communication.
· Execution/Empowerment: Demonstrates the ability to get results; manages competing demands in fast paced environment with effective results; identifies and creates contingency solutions to ensure timely execution.
· Learning & Development: Learning new skills and increasing capabilities a high priority; takes action to address development needs in self and others, if applicable; identifies gaps and learning opportunities to ensure complete technical job proficiency; takes responsibility for own development and skills improvement.
Summit CMG is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities) and Drug-Free Workplace.
Summit Construction Management Group
Get fresh Construction Project Managers jobs daily straight to your inbox!