Internal Audit Manager, Moorefield WV
Summit Community Bank Moorefield, WV
- Posted: over a month ago
JOB TITLE: Internal Audit Manager
Job Classification: Exempt, Full-Time
Department: Audit Department
Reports to: Chief Audit Executive
Location: SFG Headquarters
Opportunity: The Internal Audit Manager at Summit Financial Group, Inc. is charged with the execution of the risk-based, integrated audit plan for the holding company and its subsidiaries. The audit plan is designed to provide independent and objective assurance to the Audit and Compliance Committee of the Board of Directors, as well as to executive management, on the design and operating efficiency and effectiveness of the company's internal control environment, risk management and compliance programs.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field required
Advanced degree preferred
Professional certification such as CPA, CIA, or CISA preferred
Experience or Skill requirements:
Minimum 4 years of experience in the areas of internal auditing and/or risk management in a financial institution, in a bank regulatory agency, public accounting firm or related fields.
- Knowledge of leading practices within a public financial institution; public company work experience preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge of financial services laws and regulations, including those specific to SEC registrants/public institutions.
- Knowledge and appreciation of regulatory, accounting, and financial industry guidance and leading practices relevant to our operations; ability to plan strategically for future impact.
- Experience in professional auditing practices in developing and managing complex audit plans, including financial, credit, operational, and technology audits.
- Proven ability to lead projects and initiatives that drive performance.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to deliver high quality, actionable feedback to management on control issues and potential solutions.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills with strong process orientation.
- Knowledge of and experience using data analytics.
- Ability to identify, analyze and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Possess collaborative decision-making abilities to forge successful partnerships across organizational boundaries, at both senior and operational levels.
- Well-organized and self-directed individual with high ethical standards.
- Must possess the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Strategic Thinking – Top ability to formulate long-term strategies while being sensitive to operational implementation realities.
- Creative Thinking – Excellent skills to innovate and reorder elements. High capability to generate new ideas and implement them with overall organizational goals in mind, as well as to take advantage of emerging opportunities.
Scope of Responsibility:
Ensure that audits are executed to consider compliance, financial, credit, operational, and technology risks and impact.
Ensure the ongoing execution of a robust internal control strategy to drive the most efficient and effective set of key internal controls, establishing a baseline of leading practices and methods.
Interact professionally with external auditors and regulatory agency examination teams.
Assist CAE in preparation of a strategic and comprehensive annual audit risk assessment and related compliance audit plan.
Execute complex audits related to financial, operational, regulatory and technology audits.
Prepare meaningful reports of internal audits and examinations for executive management, the Audit and Compliance Committee, and the Board of Directors.
Provide input as needed for staff audit engagement planning, fieldwork, reporting, and the identification, development and documentation of audit issues, and recommendations for their remediation.
Maintain currency with information, trends, technology, and developments in the area of internal auditing.
Integrate effective Internal Controls into all applicable work processes. Maintain a working knowledge of Internal Controls with particular attention to Key Controls. Responsible for ensuring that updates to Internal Controls documentation are performed timely when there are changes in the risk parameters and/or work flow.
Relationships: The Internal Audit Manager reports to the Chief Audit Executive.
Summit Financial Group and the Subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.