Area Manager, Southern Region
- Posted: over a month ago
The Area Manager will manage offices in WV: Hinton, Rupert, Rainelle, Bluefield, Princeton; and VA: Bluefield, Wytheville, Max Meadows, Christiansburg, Churchville, Hot Springs, and Monterey.
JOB TITLE: Area Manager
Entity (SFG and SCB): SCB
Job Classification: Exempt, Full-Time
Reports to: Chief Banking Officer
Education requirements: High School Diploma or Equivalent
Experience or Skill requirements:
· Five years management experience or equivalent retail banking experience preferred.
· Exhibit strong leadership skills-collaboration, flexibility, creativity, integrity, and influence.
· Strong project-management skills with ability to influence at all levels.
· Innovative and highly motivated.
· Highly competent and confident in a sales and service environment.
· Highly organized and goal-oriented.
· Proven ability to negotiate, manage relationships, and influence across business lines.
· Highly professional with excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
· Excellent computer skills with advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, One Note and Outlook).
· Excellent problem-solving skills.
· Comfortable in an environment of multiple priorities and rapid change.
· Achievement of the overall Retail business growth goals and advancement of the area by directing business development, sales management and employee development.
· Lead by example “Service Beyond Expectations, Begins With Me” by following our defined principles and to ensure goals are met and exceeded within the area and each branch of responsibility.
· Make joint outside sales calls to current business clients as well as prospects with Market Manager, Community Bank Manager and/or Commercial Relationship Representative.
· Future focused, foresee gaps and trends and influence direction across the Area.
· Manage staff directly and through subordinate managers. Provide direction, set goals and ensure that branches manage toward overall goals, programs and objectives.
· Assist in Area-wide projects with and for Chief Banking Officer
· Lead the Area with vision, communicates and drives the Retail vision.
· Generally manage an area according to the bank’s criteria which may include large, complex and an extensive geographic area.
· Partnered with the Market Manager/Community Bank Manager, promote Summit Community Bank throughout the community and local markets.
· Primary contact for overall building maintenance with collaboration of the Facilities Manager.
· Primary Contact for overall security with collaboration of the Security Officer.
· Coordinate with the Chief Banking Officer and retail team to identify, develop and implement skill competencies in product knowledge, technology, sales, sales management and customer service behaviors.
· Evaluate and recommend decisions on hours of operations during inclement weather, working in conjunction with Market Managers/Community Bank Managers, to the Chief Banking Officer.
· Evaluate branch area and banking services for the purpose of making recommendations to the Chief Banking Officer on changes to retail office locations, staffing and hours of operation.
· Core competency in goal management to include setting goals and goal achievement, various sales and goal reporting mechanisms and overall retail incentive programs and management.
· Implement and maintain consistent retail employee work schedules within all branch locations.
· Collaborative approach with Market Managers/Community Bank Managers in all facets of Performance Management and Corrective/Disciplinary Actions working in concurrence with the Chief Human Resources Officer and Chief Banking Officer.
· Develop and implement strategies to achieve growth of individual retail branches.
· Maintain a collaborative team approach to PR/Sponsorship budget.
· Other duties assigned.Relationships:
The Area Manager will manage, coach, and work closely with the Market Managers and Community Bank Managers in their area. The Area Manager will also work closely with the whole retail staff in their area.
The Area Manager will communicate and coordinate with Financial Consultant, Commercial Lenders, Cash Management Representative, and Insurance employees to meet branch and referral goals.
The Area Manager will work closely with the Centralized Loan Processing Department to ensure all loan applications are processed.
The Area Manager will work with the Facilities Manager for any building issues in their area.
The Area Manager will work with the Chief Human Resource Officer, Director of Marketing/Public Relations, Deposit Specialist, Retail Specialist/Security Officer, and the Contact Center Manager.
The Area Manager will work directly with and report to the Chief Banking Officer.
Summit Financial Group and the Subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Salary Information: Annual salary varies, based on experience.
Summit Community Bank
BusinessView all jobs at Summit Community Bank
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?