IT Support Engineer as Quoting And Procurement Specialist
- Posted: over a month ago
- $45,000 to $60,000 Yearly
- Benefits: vision, 401k, dental, life insurance, medical,
Summit Business Technologies provides information technology goods, support and services to small and medium-sized businesses.
We are seeking an IT Technician to utilize their skill-set in our position as a Procurement Specialist This is not a technical support position. A successful person will be one who leverages their knowledge of servers, desktops, firewalls and other IT related equipment in quoting and procuring items for our customers.
The IT Technician Quoting and Procurement Specialist will be tasked with responsibilities associated with the quoting, procurement and fulfillment processes. The individual in this job will have responsibility for working with network services managers to develop quotes for computer technology and services, manage and track product and service renewals, manage the fulfillment process, manage vendor relationships, and ensure proper communications for related responsibilities to the various departments within Summit.
A solid understanding of IT and related goods and services is a must.
Description of Duties:
- Work with project engineers to develop quotes based on provided specifications.
- Product sourcing
- Delivery of quotes and follow-up with customer
- Purchasing per quotes
- Incentive and price negotiations with suppliers
- Fulfillment management - placing orders, status tracking, ensuring completion.
Product Renewal Management
- Tracking product and services expiration
- Quoting renewals and delivery
- Account management
- Vendor requirements management
- Price/tier negotiation
Other duties as assigned
This individual will need to communicate and coordinate quoting and purchasing activities with other departments in the organization including accounting, telecommunications, network Services and business application. It is expected that a responsibility of this position is to improve the workflows and systems in place to increase efficiency of the operation.
- Strong IT Background - Understanding of computing technologies specification - servers, desktop computers, firewalls, network switches, software, etc.
- Strong computer literacy and ability to easily work within a wide range of computer system interfaces.
- Three to five years in IT services
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Minimum of a two-year degree preferably with emphasis on information systems
- Perform duties in an independent manner with little or no need for direct supervision
- Solid experience in the IT field. Systems engineers who are looking to shift from support to purchasing may be a great fit.
- Experience with ConnectWise Manage and ConnectWise Sell
- Experience of products provided by leading technology providers, e.g. Microsoft, Lenovo, Dell, HP, SonicWall
We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages, including comprehensive health benefits, company-paid life and disability insurance, and a 401(k) with employer matching.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Summit has 40 years of experience offering technical and business consulting support. Headquartered in Millersville, MD, we're conveniently located 10 minutes from the BWI airport.
Summit Business Technologies
8223 Cloverleaf DriveMillersville, MD
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?