In collaboration with departmental leaders, project leaders and Sr. Management, the Project Manager is responsible for the development and daily management of comprehensive plans that encompass organizational activities necessary for drug product commercialization such as project scheduling, tracking and billing. Projects may encompass both Client deliverables and internal Summit projects in support of facility and capability expansion or efficiency improvements. The Project Manager will work closely with representatives from all departments within Summit.
Responsibilities of the Project Manager include the development of timelines that provide a clear view of the critical path, the identification of potential impediments and strategic alternatives. The Project Manager will also provide administrative support to the Project Planning department, coordinate activities within and across departments, and ensure that all project tasks are identified, assigned and tracked.
The Project Manager should have demonstrated experience planning and/or managing cross functional projects, preferably in a pharmaceutical environment.
- Provide Project Management support to multifunctional project teams in order to identify, schedule and track all tasks required for drug product commercialization
- Manage alliances with partners and Clients or assist project leaders to provide exceptional service and on-time delivery of project objectives
- Manage projects and communicate status to the teams and stakeholders in a clear, concise and transparent manner
- Assure project time and expenses are properly tracked, reported and invoiced
- Assist Sr. Management with the development and management of budgets and forecasts
- Collaborate with internal partners and assist with provision of work proposals to potential Clients
- Create strong team spirit by communicating a compelling and inspired strategic vision that embraces clear priorities
- Take ownership of and be accountable for performance of project teams
- Manage client and internal meetings, provide agendas and meeting minutes
- Maintain accurate and up to date project trackers
- Provide administrative support to Project Planning department and project teams
- Other duties as assigned
- Demonstrated ability to drive a project to completion, by identifying and solving roadblocks, and motivating team members to deliver on commitments
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Superior interpersonal communication skills and demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of cGMP regulations
- Financial acumen required to draft proposals, forecast and track expenses and lead monthly reporting and invoicing activities
- Must be flexible, adaptable, self-motivated and able to work well independently and across teams and partners
- Ability to clearly and concisely articulate constraints in a quantifiable manner and identify alternatives in order to keep projects on schedule
- Ability to influence and negotiate skillfully through tough situations while maintaining good will and important relationships
- Ability to work in a lean, action oriented organization and demonstrate a strong work ethic
- It is highly preferred that the Project Manager has formal education in a relevant scientific or engineering discipline relevant to Contract Manufacturing of Pharmaceuticals (for example: life sciences, biology, chemistry, pharmacology, regulatory, engineering).
- Microsoft Project®, Excel® and Word® expertise.
Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences or Engineering coupled with at least 2 years of pharmaceutical project planning/management experience and overall knowledge of the pharmaceutical drug development and commercialization process. Experience working in a contract service organization is highly preferred.