Primarily responsible for procurement of indirect materials, equipment and contract services. Analyze costs, offer solutions to assist in managing quality and cost in order to meet organizational goals. Ensure order fulfillment with suppliers and negotiate pricing, shipment terms and delivery schedules. Monitor inventory and propose appropriate procurement plan based on business priorities and strategies. Monitor supplier performance and maintain positive relationships with suppliers.
- Monitor and manage indirect material inventory throughout the facility, including equipment and spare parts.
- Analyze demand requirement and determine an appropriate safety stock. Use supply characteristics and inventory holdings to accurately determine and propose an appropriate procurement plan based on business target and warehouse space.
- Monitor supplier performance and manage revolving supplier open orders. Manage supplier non-conformance issues and returns. Collaborate with suppliers to improve delivery and quality performances. Review and resolve any discrepancies with invoices.
- Work with warehouse receiving and internal customers to ensure a smooth flow of material purchases and deliveries to meet production schedule and project deadline.
- Set up and maintain material part number assignment and planning master data is relevant to planning data file.
- Generate and maintain complete and accurate purchasing records to facilitate future purchasing decisions.
- Place and maintain purchase orders with suppliers. Negotiate pricing and maintain positive working relationships with suppliers.
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with all relevant stakeholder groups.
- Proactively identify and communicate risks and/or changes that will impact the supply of materials or services.
- Proactively identify, manage and implement process improvements.
- Qualified to work with controlled substances.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent. Preferably in Business or Supply Chain.
- Minimum 1 years of procurement, strategic sourcing, purchasing and planning experience in the Pharmaceutical or Chemical industry in any combination of Materials Management, Operations, and/or Distribution logistics.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and multitasking ability.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a team environment.
- Proven ability to perform advanced data analysis using Microsoft Excel.
- ERP experience is preferred.
Why Work Here?Summit Biosciences is a specialized pharmaceutical company that develops, manufactures and commercializes prescription nasal spray products.
Great culture in a growing company!