This position is responsible for assisting upper management with general client accounting operations. A successful candidate combines excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles. The ideal candidate collaborates with a team of accountants, management, and administrators.
- Prepare accounting records, including financial statements and other financial reports, to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to standards defined by the company
- Monthly accounting and write-up for client organizations
- Reconciles and processes payroll, sales, and property taxes
- Document and ensure proper keeping of financial records, making use of current technologies
- Establish records of accounts and input entries into proper accounts
- Conduct monthly and quarterly account reconciliations to ensure accurate reporting and ledger maintenance
- Analyze financial statements for discrepancies and other issues
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts
- Utilizes and develops a basic understanding of various accounting programs and accounting software
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Associates degree in Accounting or equivalent work experience or greater
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent client service skills: reliability, integrity in verbal and written communications
- Knowledge of payroll processing, sales and property taxes
- Computer program proficiency, including MS Office Suite; ability to quickly learn and adapt to new software and new technology
- Good at working independently, thinking critically and propose quality ideas to improving organization's processes
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously, work effectively in a team environment to meet deadlines
- Flexibility to adapt in a fast-paced environment
- Detail and deadline oriented
- History working in both a virtual and paperless office environment is preferred
- Motivated to seek professional growth in the accounting industry
This is a 40-hour work week non-exempt Salaried position, salary range $42-$48K DOE; benefits include paid time off, holiday time, Summit offers eligible employees a $650 monthly benefit allowance to assist with medical, dental, and vision premiums. Summit provides long-term DI, term-life insurance, and a 401(k) retirement plan. The position offers advancement and growth opportunities for a motivated individual.
Offer of employment is contingent upon the acceptable results of a personal background and reference check.
Visit our website at www.summitaccountingsolutions.com for information about our company culture and team. If you feel our firm is a fit, please send us your resume with a cover letter telling us "why you are interested" in partnering with Summit Accounting Solutions.
Summit Accounting Solutions
Why Work Here?At Summit, we believe the services we provide is more than a profession; it is our calling. Our team of employees is driven by the deeply held conviction that, at Summit, we are not merely providing financial advice; we are guiding people towards reaching the life they desire. It is this conviction and expertise, along with our customized, holistic approach to financial planning, wealth management, tax planning, and accounting services that helps our clients "reach their Summit," both personally and professionally.
Join our growing ensemble accounting and wealth management practice!
Colorado Springs, CO