Summit Accounting Solutions is looking for a knowledgeable Accounting & Tax Manager or sole practitioner to join our growing ensemble accounting and wealth management practice in Scottsdale, AZ.
This position will focus on driving business development and building strong, lasting relationships with clients. The ideal candidate will be CPA or EA certified, have in-depth tax planning experience, expertise in preparation of individual, corporate, and partnership tax returns, and possess excellent leadership and interpersonal skills. Salary DOE
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with clients through ongoing communication and exceptional client service
- Work closely with the wealth and tax department to ensure performance of tax planning, client interaction, and special projects
- Perform detailed reviews of individual and business income tax returns and corresponding tax projections
- Income tax preparation (1040, 1065, 1120, 1120S) and planning
- Amended tax return preparation, property tax, sales tax, use tax, payroll tax return preparation
- Represent clients with IRS, State or other audits
- Review completed tax forms and provide recommendations to other members of our team when needed
- Research and resolve tax and accounting issues affecting our clients
- Prepare accounting records, including financial statements and other financial reports, to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to standards defined within the company
- CPA or EA certification required
- Strong knowledge of accounting software
- In-depth tax knowledge at the local, state, and federal levels
- Excellent knowledge and communication of income tax law and terminology, small business finances, and management decisions
- Proficiency with computer programs, including MS Office Suite and tax preparation software; ability to quickly learn and adapt to new software and new technology
- Excellent client service skills: reliability, integrity in verbal and written communications
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required
- Public Accountant (CPA) or Enrolled Agent license preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in public accounting
- Previous experience as an accountant, accounting supervisor or manager
This position may have some supervisory responsibility.
Limited travel required for company meetings, training, and occasional meetings at client locations. The employee must be able to travel independently on an infrequent basis, including some overnight stays.
Summit provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.