Full-Time High School Teacher
Summit Academy of Greater Louisville Louisville, KY
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Summit Academy is seeking a full-time high school teacher for the 2021-2022 academic year. Teaching responsibilities include math and literacy/language arts classes as well as other core courses. Instructional materials and programs will be provided. Strong preference will be given to those with a degree in special education as well as experience teaching in a special education setting. The successful candidate will also demonstrate an ability to teach a variety of subjects.
ABOUT SUMMIT ACADEMY:
Founded in 1992, Summit Academy is a non-profit independent school in Middletown, Kentucky. The school serves students from Pre-K through High School who have various learning differences including Auditory Processing Disorder, Attention Deficit Disorder, Dyslexia, Dysgraphia, Anxiety Disorder, nonverbal learning disabilities and Autism Spectrum Disorder.
Our students are creative, resilient, and resourceful. Although many of them have not met with success in traditional school settings, the unique environment and approach of Summit Academy allows for each student’s challenges to be addressed and their strengths celebrated. Find out more at summit-academy.org.
- The ideal candidate will possess:
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in area of education
- Teaching experience in a secondary school, ideally special education in grades 9-12
- Knowledge and understanding of neurodivergent learners
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Desire to work as a member of a team
- Commitment to strong parent communications and student relationships
- Excellent record keeping skills
- Focus on data-driven instruction
- Ability to differentiate in a variety of subjects
Summit Academy of Greater LouisvilleWhy Work Here?
Positive work environment, supportive staff, great location, enthusiastic students!
11508 Main Street LouisvilleLouisville, KY
EducationView all jobs at Summit Academy of Greater Louisville