Marketing & Communications Director
- Expired: May 10, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Summit Academy OIC (Summit) seeks a creative, passionate Marketing and Communications Director to elevate the organizations reputation as the Twin Cities leader in innovative solutions that move people from poverty into the middle class.
The Marketing and Communications Director will drive and manage the Summit brand, strategic communications and marketing plans to engage and expand external audiences; partners, donors, prospective students, current students, alumni and more.
This individual will partner with key staff and stakeholders to uncover content opportunities, prioritize needs and use visionary, creative messaging to tell Summit's story to reach new audiences.
The Marketing and Communications Director will lead the day-to-day activities of the marketing and communications team in support of the mission and programs.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Evaluate and develop innovative best-in-class marketing strategies and plans to reach new audiences, as well as actionable social media, promotional and advertising strategies, and associated metrics in support of the strategic focus and direction.
2. Communicate marketing plans to Summit executive leadership team and initiative owners, regularly collaborate with initiative owners, maintain a deep understanding of program offerings and strategic plan.
3. Oversee the development and execution of the vision, identity, and messaging, broadening awareness of the organization's programs, events, services, and priorities across key stakeholder audiences.
4. Define marketing and communications objectives that are aligned and in support of the mission and objectives; analyzing and interpreting information, conditions, stakeholder positions and other variables to develop a framework for communications and marketing.
5. Plan, direct, and coordinate marketing efforts from start to finish, develop and manage advertising campaigns, build brand awareness and positioning, oversee social media marketing strategy and content marketing as well as conferences, trade shows, and major events. Support student enrollment and lead generation efforts.
6. Understand and develop budgets and finance, including expenditures, research and development, return-on-investment and profit-loss projections.
7. Promote an integrated strategy across marketing/communications disciplines (i.e., media relations, social media, advertising, branding and identity, marketing communications, community relations, donor and funder communications, events).
8. With executive leaders, oversee PR Agency to develop and implement innovative media and public relations outreach strategies and initiatives that help move target audiences from awareness to action and sustained engagement.
9. Build and manage a team of marketing professionals to develop key marketing strategies, priorities and goals; mentor and develop staff using a supportive and collaborative approach.
10. Serve as thought leader and expert on marketing and communications practices by promoting a culture of high standards and continuous improvement.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Superior, confident communications skills: verbal, written, interpersonal and presentation.
- Strong management competencies: managing team execution; assembling effective teams; coaching and developing others; influencing and motivating teams.
- Strong analytical skills; ability to analyze trends and make cost-saving decisions.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital and social media.
- Excellent organizational, planning and project management skills.
- Strong technical marketing and communication skills: writing, editing, proofreading, layout and design, professional printing/publishing skills.
- Maniacal attention to detail.
- Understanding of marketing and communications needs in an education setting.
- Understanding of nonprofit organizations and fundraising function.
- Self-motivated, proactive with a positive and professional approach to management.
- Strong computer skills: Microsoft Office; Google Analytics; Google Ad Words; Adobe Creative Cloud Suite; social media analytics; CRM; Hubspot or other email automation tools; Asana, or other project management tools.
- Commitment to Summit's mission and the community served.
This individual supervises a team of professionals responsible for marketing and communications activities and oversees contracted consultants and service providers.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and filing cabinets.
This is a largely sedentary role, and requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time. This role requires extensive use of a computer, keyboard and mouse.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time exempt position under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA). It is not eligible for overtime pay. Hours of work are Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Occasional nights and weekends may be required to meet the expectations of the position. This position will primarily be performed in-office, but some remote-work hours available upon agreement with direct supervisor.
Occasional local travel is required, frequent travel between organization's two campuses.
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in a communications- or marketing-related field. (An Associate's degree in a related field AND two years of professional experience may be substituted for a Bachelor's degree).
- A minimum of five years of supervisory experience in marketing and/or communications, preferably in a nonprofit or higher education setting.
- Demonstrated record of increasing responsibility in a marketing/communications role.
Preferred Education & Experience
- Master's degree in business-, marketing- or communications-related field preferred.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
It is the policy of Summit Academy OIC to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Summit Academy OIC will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Summit Academy OIC
BusinessView all jobs at Summit Academy OIC