- Posted: 21 days ago
- $13 Hourly
Discover your Purpose!
Summerhouse Beau Ridge Independent Living, a Discovery Senior Living community is growing, thriving and has meaningful job opportunities available in a safe and supportive work environment.
We provide on the job training with no experience required for most positions.
We offer rewarding career opportunities that include:
- Competitive wages
- Access to wages before payday
- Flexible scheduling options with full-time and part-time hours
- Paid time off and Holidays (full-time)
- Full benefit package including health, dental, vision and more (full-time)
- 401(K) with employer matching
- Paid training
- Opportunities for advancement
- Meals and uniforms
- Promoting and guarding the community property and assets against fire, theft, vandalism and illegal entry by unauthorized persons while meeting and/or exceeding service standards.
- Conducts safety and security inspections of all community property to include common areas, resident corridors, parking areas and perimeter access.
- Patrols community property to prevent and discover activity in violation of criminal, fire or safety codes.
- Watches for and reports irregularities such as fire hazards, leaking water pipes and security doors left unsecured.
- Investigates and reports all acts of unlawful or safety hazards that would endanger persons or property.
- Investigates all incidents and suspicious occurrences, filing incident report appropriately.
- Responds to all security calls and complaints, taking necessary action and handling on-scene emergency situations until relieved by a Supervisor.
- Inspects and reports all dangerous conditions and any damaged or defective equipment, machinery and property.
- Secures and unlocks areas and buildings in accordance with policy and community expectation.
- Assist in emergency response procedures as per community policy.
- May be required to drive the community vehicle if necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or Equivalent.
- State Security Officer License.
- One year job related experience preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively speaking the primary language of the residents.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Must demonstrate an interest in working with a senior population.
- Interacts with guests, residents and staff in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Works both outdoors and indoors all year.
In addition to a rewarding career and competitive salary, Discovery offers a comprehensive benefit package.
Eligible team members are offered a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurances, paid time off and paid holidays. Team members are eligible to participate in our outstanding 401(k) plan with company match our Employee Assistance Program and accident insurance policies.
If having a direct impact on the lives of others is appealing to you, apply today and join our team!
Summerhouse Beau Ridge IL
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?