Director of Memory Care Programs
- Expired: March 01, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
About Discovery Senior Living
Discovery Senior Living ranks prominently among the 8 largest senior housing providers in the US, and is nationally renowned for designing, developing, marketing, and operating a multi-brand portfolio of upscale, luxury senior-living communities.
With a 30-year reputation and almost 14,000 existing homes or homes under development, our company is a recognized industry leader with a penchant for excellence and innovation.
Discovery Senior Living is looking for a Director of Memory Care Programs to join our home office team.
This role is responsible for all managing all aspects of the SHINE (Memory Care) Program including the ongoing implementation, training, continuous improvement, quality and effectiveness for all communities with a Memory Care offering. This position assumes a role in ensuring that the communities are compliant with State and Federal Regulations in all aspects of Memory Care and care of the dementia resident.
- Reviews and develops standards of practice in Memory Programs and all programs related to dementia care.
- In collaboration with development committee and RDHW develops and implements SHINE memory care program in each community.
- Participates in development and refinement of Shine memory Care Program.
- Develop and provide in-service training and orientation to community staff regarding Shine Memory Care Program, survey process related to dementia management and performance improvement.
- Works with each community to monitor and develop Quality Assurance indicators for Memory Care.
- Primarily responsible for training and education of community based Memory Care Program Managers.
- Implements policies and procedures for SHINE Memory Care Program in company communities. Monitors achievement of goals and objectives for the community Memory Care departments consistent with philosophy and standards of practice.
- Monitors and develops policies and procedures, which reflect adherence to The SHINE Memory Care Program and external regulatory guidelines. Reviews new regulatory directives and implements changes as needed based on State Regulations.
- Assists to develop and Monitor Quality Improvement Process, Standards of Care, related to The Shine Memory Care Program in collaboration with Regional Director for Health and Wellness.
- At the direction of and in collaboration with Regional Director for Health and wellness conducts compliance surveys at communities. Assist in coordinating actions plans to minimize liability and risks as a result of compliance surveys with focus on dementia management and Shine Memory Care Program. Reports identified issues and plan for resolution to Regional Director Health and Wellness.
- Participates in State and Federal surveys and compliance investigations at the direction of the RDHW.
- Gathers performance improvements indicators and survey data to identify trends. Develops Plans of Corrective Actions with the RDHW, ED and Community Memory Care Director.
- Schedules periodic site visits to provide supervision, dementia management expertise, ensure communication, and to monitor the overall operation the Shine Memory Care Unit. Conducts facility reviews based on operational needs, changes in management and commitment to regulatory compliance
- In direct collaboration with RDHW Reviews all potential Memory Care move-outs due to behavioral concerns prior to any notifications provided. Reviews all potential move-in Memory Care denials prior to any communication with prospective resident or family member.
- Works with community and regional/corporate management team to grow census in Memory Care.
- Attendance required at all meetings at the discretion of Regional Director of Health and Wellness or VP Operations.
- Must be computer literate, excellent working knowledge of all pertinent software
- Responsible for timely information reporting
- Must stay in compliance with all state, federal, and government agencies
- Demonstrate respect and compassion in every interaction
- Conduct oneself with the highest degree of honesty and integrity in every interaction
- Demonstrate a passion for caring as evidenced by interaction with co-workers, residents, families, and visitors
- Perform other duties as assigned
- May be requested to serve as temporary Director of Memory Care.
Provides supervision and guidance to communities developing and implementing SHINE Memory Care Program in all DSL communities. Assures delivery of consistently high-quality care to memory care/dementia residents. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Maintains current certification as a Dementia Care Specialist.
- Experience in assisted living, home health or long term care industries
- Five (5) years’ experience as a Memory Care Practitioner.
- Management experience in Senior Living or related field.
In addition to a rewarding career and competitive salary, Discovery offers a comprehensive benefit package.
Eligible team members are offered a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurances, paid time off and paid holidays. Team members are eligible to participate in our outstanding 401(k) plan with company match our Employee Assistance Program and accident insurance policies.
Summerhouse Bay Cove MC
Get fresh Director Assisted Living jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.