Lab Automation Engineering Manager
SummerBio Menlo Park, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Testing is the most significant bottleneck in the response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Broad testing is the fastest way to safely return to work, to school, and to normal life. SummerBio is a mission-driven company made up of life science automation engineers, molecular biologists, laboratory scientists, public health professionals, supply chain experts, software engineers and designers that was founded to scale up rapid, low-cost, mass-scale testing.
We have created an end-to-end COVID-19 test system designed from the ground up to massively automate the existing gold-standard RT-PCR test based on commercially-available and scalable consumables.
Join SummerBio and help us solve COVID-19 testing for all.
SummerBio is seeking a Lab Automation Engineering Manager to manage the team providing front-end support for the automation systems in our CLIA laboratory.
- Manage team that provides front-end support for automation systems in our CLIA laboratory.
- Manage root cause analysis of automation system errors, and make recommendations for system improvements.
- Manage detailed records of configuration changes.
- Consult with development leadership, internal users, and external clients to identify and suggest system improvements and enhance application performance.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of production integrated systems, including hardware and software.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or related field.
- 8+ years relevant experience, and 5+ years management experience.
- Ability to manage a 24/7 team systems support team.
- Experience working with automation equipment in a clinical or biotech laboratory setting strongly preferred
- Prior experience with life sciences production support, and particularly supporting automation processes for clinical laboratories, strongly preferred
- Strong aptitude for troubleshooting problems that occur in a production environment
- Devotion and enthusiasm for providing excellent user/customer support
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to collaborate with multidisciplinary teams in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- Strong level of efficiency and self-motivation to complete tasks accurately and on time
- Extremely process-oriented mindset, with acute attention to detail