Pediatrics Office is seeking an organized, responsible, out-going LPN or RN to join our team on a per diem to full-time basis.
Responsibilities & General Qualifications:
1. Attention to detail and ability to work well under pressure is essential.
2. Strong organizational skills.
3. Checks schedules and organizes patient flow
4. Ability to communicate and work effectively with patients, parents, and co-workers.
5. Interview patients, measure vital signs, and record patient information.
6. Operate diagnostic equipment and collect lab specimens from patients.
7. Administer vaccines and other medications as per provider's orders.
8. End of month checks for expired supplies and medication.
9. Stocks rooms and maintains inventory in exam rooms.
10. Orders supplies as needed.
11. Cleans the exam rooms & equipment after each patient.
12. Prepares exam room for next patient & physician needs.
13. Notifies patients of test results ( per physician instruction) and follow up.
14. Phone triage.
- Working experience of two or more years as a nurse
- Experience working in a pediatric clinic
- Possess current American Heart Association BLS certification
- Valid license as Licensed Practical Nurse in CT
- Possess one-year technical training or more skills training for certification and license
- Ability to handle crises situations and relate with patients and their families effectively
- Basic computer skills. Familiar with Electronic Medical records. (eClinical Works a plus)
- Medical Spanish preferred