Engineering Technologist II
Sumitomo Electric Wiring Systems, Inc. Moody, AL
- Posted: over a month ago
BASIC POSITION DUTIES:
Provide Quality support to the Electronics Division. Primary customer-contact representative of SEWS at key customer manufacturing locations. Promotes and projects the standards of excellence established by SEWS Quality Assurance and are in alignment with company and departmental objectives and quality targets. Continually monitors production activity at the customer sites. Review and analysis of parts, including logging data/results and completing reports. Closely monitor customer quality results and perceptions and makes judgments regarding necessary actions also provides feedback to the responsible organization and assures required improvement activities.
- Provides and assures clear, concise communication between SEWS locations including Mexico, Asia, customers and departments on matters of quality performance, requirements, documents.
- Responds to and monitors customer requests, requirements and inquiries from MTMUS/Tier 1 customers. Follows up on all requests with the team of responsible SEWS personnel and the customer that initiated the contact.
- Thoroughly investigate and assure details of the actual facts and documents the situation when a customer claim or complaint is received. Immediately takes appropriate steps to sort or rework inventory at the customer location.
- Assure that the appropriate SEWS manufacturing location is notified.
- Assist Engineer and manufacturing plants in creating countermeasures and sort standards to prevent flow out.
- Performs and tracks all sorts, repairs and reworks of non conforming parts.
- Ensure that information is recorded on the applicable documents and fed back to the responsible QA supervisor or engineer.
- Confirm SEWS plant's Counter Measures are implemented and followed.
- Maintain and follows all rules and regulation of SEWS QA. Maintain all logs and documentation to support procedures for quality activity.
- Prepares and issues a daily report that is sent to all concerned members within the company.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 2 years in manufacturing environment, preferable in a Quality Assurance capacity.
- Skilled in the use of desktop and mainframe applications (Excel, Word, etc.).
- Ability to interact effectively with all management levels of SEWS and customer personnel.
- Skilled in the areas of task management, organization, oral and written communication.
- Ability to lift 10 lbs. or more.
- Ability to travel.
- HS, GED, or Technical Certificate plus 3-5 years progressive engineering experience.
Sumitomo Electric Wiring Systems, Inc.
ManufacturingView all jobs at Sumitomo Electric Wiring Systems, Inc.