2nd Shift Warehouse Supervisor
- Expired: July 18, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
- Direct and control all personnel and activities related to the repackaging of SEWS finished goods inventory, service parts, and custom packaging for customer orders
BASIC POSITION DUTIES:
- Production Planning: Create and maintain a production schedule for all activities; monitor / maintain inventory levels to meet customer demand; measure and improve team /individual productivity
- Personnel Supervision: Provide direct supervision to a team of 20-30 full-time and temporary associates; maintain excellent associate relations; monitor and achieve personnel and environmental safety standards
- Associate Training: Develop and execute continuous improvement training for all associates; ensure compliance with established process and ergonomic standards / techniques; achieve and monitor associate training / skill development for all team members
- Procedure Development: Develop and implement procedures and production standards to ensure associate safety and to maximize productivity and to achieve budget
- Productivity Measurement: Develop and implement production standards for associate performance; monitor associate / team performance and use coaching and training to achieve targets
- Performance Reports: Develop / Provide report for production, quality and operating cost related to repack team and associate performance
- Inventory Control: Monitor and control levels of all repacked inventories, ensure FIFO and design level control; achieve zero inventory obsolescence or damage
- Safety: Create a Zero Risk work place, train all associates to understand and adhere to all safety standards. Reinforce safe working habits.
- Other duties as assigned
- Associates degree (or equivalent training/experience)
- High School, GED or Technical Certificate
- 6-8 years progressive plant experience including 1-2 years in supervisory capacity
- Ability to plan and achieve production goals
- Skilled in PC and mainframe computer applications to include spreadsheets, word processing, forecasting and inventory management
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks
- Ability to lead and motivate a team of 20 to 30 hourly associates
- Must possess strong communication and organization skills
About Sumitomo Electric Wiring Systems, Inc.
Sumitomo Electric Wiring Systems, Inc. (SEWS) is part of the Sumitomo family of companies, a 400 year old brand with a reputation for quality and reliability. With the support of facilities throughout North America, SEWS has been delivering innovative solutions to automakers for over 30 years, and is a leading supplier of electrical distribution systems, components and electronics. SEWS is committed to technical development worldwide and with a global network of resources, is able to deliver a truly competitive advantage to each of our customers. Our associates are what drive Sumitomo's continued growth, which is why we proudly offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life, 401(k) with match, tuition benefits, paid holidays and vacation.
To learn more about us, please visit www.sewsus.com.
Follow Us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/sumitomo-electric-wiring-systems
About the Sumitomo Electric Group
Since the founding of Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd. in 1897 with copper wire production, we have developed many new technologies and products through innovative R&D activities based on Sumitomo Electric manufacturing technologies for electric wires and power cables. With more than 350 subsidiaries worldwide, we continue to introduce a wide variety of products that fulfill the expectations of society, in five business fields: Automotive, Information & Communications, Electronics, Environment & Energy, and Industrial Materials. We are a Fortune global 500 company.
To learn more about Sumitomo Electric Group, please visit http://global-sei.com.
Follow Us on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/sumitomo-electric
**Interested Candidates Should Submit Cover Letter and Salary History When Applying.**
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Sumitomo Electric Wiring Systems, Inc.
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Sumitomo Electric Wiring Systems, Inc.