- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
As a support of the Production General Manager, the Production Coordinator effectively guides and drives production while providing analytical insight on growth and business development. The role works across all departments (including production, engineering, accounting, shipping and human resources) with the Production General Manager to ensure efficiency throughout the organization. The role is also intricate in helping the production team by listening and understanding production capacity, availability of materials and order allocations. The Productions Coordinator will work alongside the Production Leads in scheduling assignments, supporting employee training, auditing employee/team performance as well as implementing all workplace rules and policies. This is a versatile role that assists the Production General Manager with overall production management, planning, distribution and processing to ensure on-time shipment of the highest quality goods and service to SESMI's customers.
Description of Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Ability to become proficient in all aspects of the semiconductor wafer manufacturing processes.
- Strong knowledge and analysis of the allocation process in order to support the Production General Manager with profit making decisions.
- Continuous and accurate counts of all requested and maintained inventory and inventory transactions in department.
- Become proficient in all aspects of personal, group and safety requirements to ensure training documentation and follow-up.
- Initiative to suggest improvement that will increase yields or reduce operating costs including equipment upgrades, staff adjustment and process changes or modifications.
- Build and maintain a result based working relationships with Engineering, Maintenance, Shipping, Accounting and Human Resources all other applicable positions.
- Coordinates production, distribution, warehousing, and in accordance with company policies, principles, and procedures.
- Development of leadership and team management training for current Production Leads as well as future production leaders within the organization.
- Assists and supports Process Improvement in training of production staff from onboarding and new or revised processes/procedures as well as retraining.
- Ensures that Total Production Maintenance (TPM) is practiced by all production personnel.
- Works with Quality Assurance personnel to assist in ISOS9000/140001 audits.
- Assists in the maintenance of the entire facility in a 5S manner.
- Daily work must be performed in the office and at the factory.
- Work in cooperation with other overseas affiliates (Japan and Taiwan).
- Perform other duties as assigned or directed.
What You Bring to the Role:
- High School Diploma or GED required with combination of work experience, but Associates Degree or higher in business preferred.
- 3-5 years of previous experience manufacturing production, preferably in the semiconductor wafer industry.
- 5-10 years of primary supervisory experience.
- Ability to communicate across multiple departments and levels of business from executives and engineers to production leaders and operators.
- A strong attention to detail and analytics that translate into the ability to not only present data, but also advise on process improvement based on the data.
- Self-initiative person with a desire to learn, grow and evolve your role and its effectiveness.
- Ability to work in a multitasking environment and to adjust to rapidly shifting priorities.
- Strong computer knowledge especially with Microsoft Office products such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Safety first mindset where requirements will be strictly followed and promoted at all times.
- Ability to manage physical lifting of multiple items between 10-20lbs.
- Must be flexible with scheduling. Although this is generally a weekday role, there will be business needs that dictate some evening and weekend work.
- Limited travel maybe required.
- Use of factory provided uniforms and special factory shoes are required. Additionally, there will be requirement to wear full Class 10 Cleanroom outfit (inclusive of snoods, masks, bunny suits, boots and gloves) at times for this role.
Sumitomo Electric Semiconductor Materials, Inc.
Get fresh Product Development Coordinator jobs daily straight to your inbox!