Eng Manager/Sr Staff (Backend)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
FiveStars by SumUp is the payment & rewards program for small businesses that's proven to bring customers back more often. Through unique rewards and personalized service, FiveStars by SumUp helps everybody be a VIP. Founded in 2011 and based in San Francisco, our mission is to help businesses and communities thrive by turning every transaction into a relationship. In 2015, FiveStars by SumUp drove 35 million in-store visits across over 10,000 local businesses in the U.S. and Canada. Over 10 million consumers use FiveStars by SumUp to have exceptional experiences with local businesses. FiveStars was recently acquired by SumUp, a global payments processing company with identical vision to help small businesses thrive, as a result, Fivestars by SumUp team is growing.
At present we are looking for a Staff Engineer to lead our backend services.Who you are:
You are a Staff/Principal engineer who has built large, scalable systems that handle millions of daily requests and have applied that knowledge in a cloud environment. You have strong architectural chops, can design, develop, and stand up new services based on product needs.What you will do:
- Lead architecture and design for SumUps most interesting and challenging technical problems
- Pioneer solutions through collaboration, experimentation and innovation
- You'll maintain a high level of quality in our codebases through sound development practices including code reviews, instrumentation with monitoring and alerting systems, automated testing, and architecture reviews
- Own, design, and code product initiatives from start to finish
- You will work on and help to improve the platform upon which all of our web products and mobile APIs are built
- 10+ years of experience working with modern backend frameworks, primarily developing in Python with Django, Falcon, and FastAPI, but we also use Angular and React as needed
- Experience with relational and NoSQL data storage (PostgreSQL, Redis), asynchronous processing (Celery, RQ, Kafka), and templating (Jinja2) a plus, but not required
- Experience deploying to public cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Deep understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle including Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CICD) pipeline architecture (Jenkins, GitLab, Drone) including deployments into Kubernetes environments using tools such as Flux, Argo, or Spinnaker
- Be a strong team player. We work in small, tightly knit product teams that function cohesively to move as quickly as possible
Job Application Tip
We recognise that candidates feel they need to meet 100% of the job criteria in order to apply for a job. Please note that this is only a guide. If you don't tick every box, it's ok too because it means you have room to learn and develop your career at SumUp.
TechnologyView all jobs at SumUp