Sulphur Springs Veterinary Clinic is seeking a full time veterinary technician to join our growing team!
As a technician at SSVC, you will assist in procedures providing care for animals including surgeries, dental procedures, examinations, immunizations and more. Additionally you will effectively communicate with clients regarding the care of their pet and educating them on products, medications or procedures.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- dependable and hardworking
- possesses excellent communication and relational skills
- customer service experience a must
- plays nice with others
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- collect specimens and perform routine lab procedures
- dispense and administer medications/treatments as prescribed by veterinarian
- administer/monitor anesthesia under the direction of the veterinarian
- monitor and provide nursing care for hospitalized animals
- educate clients
- maintain accurate medical records
Special Working Conditions:
- able to lift 50 lbs.
- standing/walking for extended periods of time
- some weekend work required
- must be able to pass drug screen
SSVC recognizes and rewards employees committed to professional growth and superior service. We offer competitive compensation, retirement benefits, generous employee pet discounts and paid educational opportunities. To join our wonderful team please submit your resume for careful consideration.