The Superintendent will be responsible for the overall project planning and scheduling, resource allocation, project accounting and control, while providing technical direction, ensuring compliance with quality standards and providing excellent customer service.
· Manage multiple projects simultaneously.
· Perform a key role in project planning, budgeting, and identification of resources needed.
· Maintain aggressive sub-contractor schedule to complete projects on time.
· Build jobs per approved plans, change orders or revisions while ensuring all site requirements are met (i.e. property limits, elevation certificates, etc.)
· Solicit and negotiate pricing with new trades and suppliers.
· Project accounting functions including managing the budget, tracking of expenses and minimizing exposure and risks.
· Maintain positive relationships with subcontractors, suppliers and building officials.
· Ensure customer satisfaction with updates on job progress, warranty issues and any other information requested.
· Communicate effectively with the contractors responsible for completing assigned tasks.
· Co-ordinate the efforts of all parties involved in the project, which include the contractors, sub-contractors, laborers and inspectors.
· Ability to demonstrate initiative to make a project happen; not let it happen.
· Maintain strict adherence to the budgetary guidelines, quality and safety standards.
· Ensure 100% safety compliance for all contractors, sub-contractors and labors.
· Ensure all job sites are well maintained and organized.
· Ensure project documents are completed and reported in a timely manner.
· Various duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
· Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management preferred.
· Minimum 5 years of experience estimating materials and managing construction projects.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Thorough knowledge of legal issues and safety standards is essential.
· Excellent time management and organizational skills.
· Capacity to handle pressure on a daily basis.
· Willingness to travel extensively across the construction sites (if needed).
· Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office and Excel.
· Take charge attitude with ability to work independently.
· Bi-lingual a plus.