Dietary Manager/Head Cook (Senior Living Community)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
POSITION: DIETARY MANAGER/HEAD COOK
COMPANY: Suite Living Senior Care
LOCATION(S): Prior Lake, MN
SHIFT: FT Days (Monday-Friday, 8 hour shift, no weekends or on-call!)
PAY RANGE: $20-24/hr (DOE, Negotiable)
***We are seeking an experienced Dietary Manager/Head Cook to join us at our BRAND NEW Memory Care + Assisted Living community located in Prior Lake, MN!!!***
***You MUST have an active ServSafe Certification and Certified Food Manager (CFPM) license (or willing to obtain upon hire).***
This position is responsible for preparing meals according to the menu using batch cooking methods. Assures meals are presented and served to the residents within the standards of Customer Service. Assures dining room is always clean and presentable to the public.
- Has a good knowledge of nutrition, recipes and special dietary needs, e.g. what to substitute for residents.
- Demonstrates good emergency decision making, e.g., food that was ordered for a meal and was never delivered. Consult with supervisor.
- Demonstrates good basic knowledge and willingness to learn new techniques; asks questions or looks up references as needed.
- Properly and safely operates all the equipment in the kitchen.
- Ensures the cleanliness of the kitchen and kitchen equipment.
- Computer literate; ability to order food and supplies; maintaining inventory.
- Ability to work within a budget while maintaining integrity of menus.
- Demonstrate good communication skills with vendors.
- Demonstrates good judgments and makes well thought out recommendations regarding inventory.
- Flexible and able to plan for special events, activities, and changes; efficiently organizes work area; checks menu and ensures food items are available before starting.
- Keeps up with the flow of work; knows which tasks can be delayed or skipped to meet important scheduled time and has contingency plans if waiting for something is necessary.
- Willing to help with special events, fill in for others to accommodate emergency situations.
- Works with Assisted Living Director, residents, and families in planning private gatherings.
- Coordinates with Clinical Nurse Manager to assure that each person on a special diet is accommodated to the extent permitted by our program.
- Demonstrates a strong respect for building property and supplies; takes action to protect equipment and eliminate waste.
- Maintains a cheerful and cooperative relationship with coworkers.
- Brings legitimate complaints and problems to the Assisted Living Director's attention without delay or without being overly negative.
- Answers the phone cheerfully, gets complete information and responds pleasantly.
- Fully recognizes the building as a twenty-four hour per day environment for residents and does everything to make it a desirable environment.
- Always cheerful with a hello and good morning for residents. Initiates friendly conversations with residents; shows concerns for their welfare.
- Listens carefully to residents' complaints and concerns. Gives residents a respectful response and directs problem to the Assisted Living Director.
- Accommodates resident's requests promptly, if appropriate, e.g. substitute for foods that cause heartburn, etc. Consult with Assisted Living Director.
- Smoothly integrates proper safety sanitation techniques as part of the work, e.g. washes hands, wears proper equipment for safety, and uses cleaning products properly.
- Responsible for labeling, dating, and rotating stock.
- Reports accidents and injuries immediately to the Assisted Living Director.
- Prepare for upcoming week. Prepare food ahead of time for weekend and evening meals leaving explicit instructions if needed for weekend staff.
- Follow menus. Provide snacks that are appropriate for the senior population.
- Abides by requirements of the Food and Beverage License.
- Report resident changes to the staff on duty.
- Documents as required i.e. temps
- Ability to see when tasks need to be accomplished and takes the initiative to do the tasks.
- Offers suggestions and ideas for improvement.
- Minimum of a High School Diploma required
- Minimum of 1 year related experience as a Dietary Manager, Head Cook, or similar role within a Senior Living community is highly preferred
- Must have ServSafe Certification upon hire
- Must have Certified Food Manager (CFPM) upon hire
- ServSafe Certification
- Certified Food Manager (CFPM)
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Suite Living Senior Care
AddressPrior Lake, MN
HealthcareView all jobs at Suite Living Senior Care