Ski Patrol Manager
Sugarbush Mountain Resort Inc Warren, VT
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Sugarbush Resort is a year-round destination offering some of the best skiing and riding in the east, an award-winning ski school, mountain biking, golf, disc golf, an array of dining venues, and a fully appointed Health and Recreation Center. Do you want to join an all-star team dedicated to delivering an unparalleled guest experience? Make this your best season yet by joining the team at Sugarbush and taking advantage of everything Vermont has to offer.
BESIDES GETTING PAID TO WORK AT AN INCREDIBLE RESORT, WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?:
Our investment in each employee includes a comprehensive wellness initiative, unwavering commitment to safety, growth opportunities, and a wide variety of resort benefits. Employees get to take advantage of our 4000+ acre playground including skiing, golf, mountain activities, health club membership, resort discounts, and more, so it's easy to share your enthusiasm for Sugarbush with our guests.
Sugarbush Resort is searching for a Ski Patrol Manager to oversee all facets of Patrol Operations. The ideal candidate is a passionate Patroller and outdoor enthusiast who will embrace our mission of lifelong adventure and camaraderie and promote our core principles of respect, integrity, teamwork, and sustainability.
- Plan, supervise, coordinate, monitor and evaluate all daily patrol operations.
- Inspect and monitor all trails, open and close as necessary.
- Evaluate staff levels and adjust as needed.
- Oversee the department’s budget.
- Recruiting, interviewing, hiring, disciplining, termination, setting wages/salaries.
- Exercise full supervisory authority over a staff of up to 120 employees.
- Plan and conduct training/cross-training programs.
- Confer regularly with supervisory staff to plan and coordinate activities, to assign and review work, to resolve problems, and assist with difficult tasks.
- Assist in the administration of the risk management program.
- Ensure that the mountain opens on time, swept properly, has adequate staffing, adequate training of staff, responsiveness to customer problems, cleanliness of mountain, overall excellence of staff appearance, accurate and timely completion of paperwork, departments adherence to company service/safety program, budgets completed and adhered to.
- Adjusting to different crowd levels, making decisions during emergency situations like lift breakdowns, and accidents/incidents.
- Assist in event planning, participate in daily operational planning meetings, conduct incident investigations, work with multiple department managers to ensure project completion.
- Plan, run, review, and submit yearly OEC instructor and general refreshers for staff.
- Plan and run mountain set up days.
- Run a bike patrol.
- Drive a UTV, operate chainsaws and throw brush.
- Assist mountain bike trail crew in trail work.
- Climb Lift towers, rappel, petzl wheel the haul line.
- Create monthly training calendars.
- Lead search and rescue activities and work closely with outside agencies.
- Perform all tasks in an environmentally sound manner, especially regarding proper disposal of all waste products.
- Support the Sugarbush Vision and Values
- Lead Safety and Service Meetings
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Excellent skiing technical skills.
- Certification in Emergency First Aid at the OEC (Outdoor Emergency Care) or EMT Level.
- Current certification in CPR at the rescuer level.
- Good basic reading and writing skills.
- Must possess an excellent ability to communicate in an understandable manner and capable to logically present a point of view.
- Capable of skiing all terrain in all conditions.
- Prior experience as a patroller for 2 or more years.
- The ability to handle customer complaints and to interact with guests and staff.
- Knowledgeable of resort risk management.
- Must be comfortable transporting injured persons in toboggans.
- Must be comfortable operating chainsaws, snowmobiles, and portable hand drills.
- Must be comfortable changing gas bottles, shoveling heavy snow, and installing warning signs with wire or screws.
- Must be comfortable working outdoors in any and all conditions that exist and performing most jobs on skis and ski boots.
The well-being of our employees, guests, and communities is our top priority as we deliver enhanced operations to help combat the spread of COVID-19. To that end, we have introduced a new Extended COVID Leave Policy, where, in conjunction with other programs, employees may take paid sick leave, up to a maximum of two weeks, due to qualifying reasons related to COVID-19.
Sugarbush Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer
An offer of employment may be contingent upon the results of a background, MVR, or criminal records check
Sugarbush Mountain Resort Inc
TourismView all jobs at Sugarbush Mountain Resort Inc