Retail Manager l Full-Time Year-Round
Sugarbush Mountain Resort Inc Burlington, VT
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
RESPECT l INTEGRITY l TEAMWORK l SUSTAINABILITY
Sugarbush Resort is a year-round destination offering some of the best skiing and riding in the east, an award-winning ski school, mountain biking, golf, disc golf, an array of dining venues, and a fully appointed Health and Recreation Center. Do you want to join an all-star team dedicated to delivering an unparalleled guest experience? Make this your best season yet by joining the team at Sugarbush and taking advantage of everything Vermont has to offer.
BESIDES GETTING PAID TO WORK AT AN INCREDIBLE RESORT, WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?:
- Free skiing + riding privileges at Sugarbush and across the family of Alterra Mountain Company resorts for all eligible employees and their dependents.
- Discounted rates at non-Alterra-owned Ikon Pass destinations.
- Free golf and health & recreation center membership for eligible employees and their dependents.
- Combined Time Off (CTO) policy for eligible employees to rest, relax and recharge
- Generous discounts on food & beverage, apparel, and outdoor gear.
- Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term & long-term disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, FSAs, and more
- 401(k) plan with generous company match
- Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible employees
- Employee housing (subject to availability)
Sugarbush Resort is searching for a Retail Manager to join our team! The Retail Manager is responsible for necessary functions to operate the retail shop(s) and warehouse. The Retail Manager will provide leadership to the sales staff, monitor inventory levels and labor goals, generate store reports, and control operational expenses.
- Recruit, hire and train all supervisory and seasonal staff in accordance with budgeted labor expenses.
- Promote an exceptionally high level of customer service through proper training of staff.
- Understand and perform all the duties and requirements of a Sales Supervisor and Sales Associate.
- Manage and monitor inventory levels to meet specific sales goals.
- Ensure that cash control procedures are instituted and followed.
- Monitor direct labor and operating expenses.
- Have an excellent understanding of the POS system, Excel, and Word programs.
- Make certain that all stores are adequately stocked and always merchandised to the best of their ability.
- Analyze inventory and suggest markdowns and retail promotions to achieve proper inventory levels.
- Coordinate and conduct semi-annual physical inventory. Initiate cycle counts as needed.
- Receive goods into and maintain the inventory control system for the store(s) in a timely manner.
- Develop an understanding of items sold with specific product knowledge.
- Work with buyer to develop and maintain a merchandising plan for all the stores at Sugarbush. Review product mix, OTB (open to buy), and stock levels with the buyer on a regular basis. Assist with buying as directed by Head Buyer.
- Spend adequate time on the sales floor and communicate regularly with the Senior Manager on product feedback and customer issues.
- Work with Senior Manager in preparing operating & capital budgets, including labor and OTBs, and in completing monthly variance reports.
- Willing to work in each retail store at facility as needed.
- Work closely with other departments at the resort to maintain consistency of product and pricing.
- Perform other duties within the Resort when needed.
- College education and two to three years' experience in ski retail operations, preferably in a major ski resort setting.
- Prior supervisory experience and excellent customer service skills preferred.
- Ability to meet federal, state, and local requirements for employment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to stand stoop, bend, and lift items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work at least 8 hours on your feet.
- Ability to function in and outdoors during extreme weather conditions.
The well-being of our employees, guests, and communities is our top priority as we deliver enhanced operations to help combat the spread of COVID-19. To that end, we have introduced a new Extended COVID Leave Policy, where, in conjunction with other programs, employees may take paid sick leave, up to a maximum of two weeks, due to qualifying reasons related to COVID-19.
Sugarbush Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer
An offer of employment may be contingent upon the results of a background, MVR, or criminal records check
Sugarbush Mountain Resort Inc
RetailView all jobs at Sugarbush Mountain Resort Inc