Sugarbush Mountain Resort Inc Philadelphia, PA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Sugarbush Resort is a year-round destination offering some of the best skiing and riding in the east, an award-winning ski school, mountain biking, golf, disc golf, an array of dining venues, and a fully appointed Health and Recreation Center. Do you want to join an all-star team dedicated to delivering an unparalleled guest experience? Make this your best season yet by joining the team at Sugarbush and taking advantage of everything Vermont has to offer.
BESIDES GETTING PAID TO WORK AT AN INCREDIBLE RESORT, WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?:
- Free skiing + riding privileges across the family of Alterra Mountain Company resorts for all eligible employees and their dependents. And, discounted rates at non Alterra-owned Ikon Pass destinations.
- Combined Time Off (CTO) policy for eligible employees to rest, relax and recharge
- Generous discounts on outdoor gear and apparel
- Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term & long-term disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, FSAs, and more
- 401(k) plan with generous company match
- Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible employees
- Employee housing may be available for this position, subject to availability
Sugarbush Resort is searching for a Front of the House Restaurant Manager at Rumble's Bistro & Bar who will play a vital role in our year-round operation. A positive attitude and approachable demeanor will help his/her staff reach their potential by following the example set by the supervisor. Rumble’s Front of House Manager is expected to help build our team, be an expert at all jobs in their establishment, help in the bar and front of the house. Insight in all areas of the operation will help us achieve and maintain our safety, service, and productivity goals.
- Provide excellent customer service and leadership for all guests and team members
- Assist in the day to day operation of Rumble’s restaurant, Umbrella Bar, and Allyn’s Lodge with their many variables including but not limited to: multiple meal service, private functions, entertainment, banquet events, beverage promotions
- Assign daily work responsibilities through successful delegation, supervision, and follow-through.
- Effectively prepare staff schedules using all tools available to correctly forecast demand
- Actively assist and aid staff at all stations when needed: bartending, waiting tables, bussing, and hosting
- Assist the Executive Chef when needed with Expediting the line
- Maintaining our wine and beverage lists
- Scheduling, training, product /menu development, and succession plan
- Social media management in communication with Marketing
- Follow departments’ fiscal procedures. Including but not limited to: transfers, revenue postings, tip reports and following budget
- On the job training using established material
- Beverage inventories on a monthly basis
- Have a thorough knowledge of alcoholic beverages, cocktail recipes, preparation methods, glassware, equipment, and service; legal aspects of alcoholic beverage service according to Vermont State Liquor Laws
- To be up to date on new products and brands and implement new standards if necessary
- Handling all cash and cash out procedures for bar area (opening and closing)
- Operate bar and front-of-the-house staff following guidelines set up by food and beverage department.
- Responsible for ordering and inventory of liquor, beer, wine, and bar supplies consistent with business levels and prevention of waste.
- To control all equipment and stock levels and minimize breakages/losses.
- Hold daily and weekly meetings with staff
- Uphold all standards
- Assist other F&B outlets with staffing, product, or support as needed
- Perform all tasks in an environmentally sound manner, especially in regard to proper disposal of all waste products
- Support the Sugarbush Vision and Values
- Attend/hold weekly Safety Service Productivity Meetings
- Must possess a passion for and a well rounded working knowledge of food, wine, and beverages
- Proven ability to respond quickly and positively to changing conditions
- Ability to communicate effectively with peers of varying backgrounds, experience, and skill
- Proven ability to control cost including labor and COG’s using professional procedures and actions
- Must be able to effectively and politely resolve any guest complaints
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age
- Must have a hospitality-related degree or minimum 3 years in a related field
- Must have/obtain a valid ServSafe license and Vt Liquor Servers license
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook. Ability to learn our unique POS system, RTP
- Ability to work in a high volume setting performing job functions with attention to detail, speed, and accuracy
- Must be proficient in team-building and lead by example
- Proven ability to respond quickly and positively to changing conditions, prioritize and organize
- Work with minimal supervision
- Be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with peers of varying backgrounds, experience, and skills.
- Work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team
- Fluent in English
- Must be able to work at least 8 hours on your feet
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to include AM, PM shifts and weekends and holidays (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night)
The well-being of our employees, guests, and communities is our top priority as we deliver enhanced operations to help combat the spread of COVID-19. To that end, we have introduced a new Extended COVID Leave Policy, where, in conjunction with other programs, employees may take paid sick leave, up to a maximum of two weeks, due to qualifying reasons related to COVID-19.
Sugarbush Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer
An offer of employment may be contingent upon the results of a background, MVR, or criminal records check
Sugarbush Mountain Resort Inc
FoodView all jobs at Sugarbush Mountain Resort Inc