Revenue Management Manager I Full-Time Year-Round
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Revenue Management Manager l Full-Time Year-Round
Sugarbush Resort is a year-round destination offering some of the best skiing and riding in the east, an award-winning ski school, mountain biking, golf, disc golf, an array of dining venues, and a fully appointed Health and Recreation Center. Do you want to join an all-star team dedicated to delivering an unparalleled guest experience? Make this your best season yet by joining the team at Sugarbush and taking advantage of everything Vermont has to offer.
BESIDES GETTING PAID TO WORK AT AN INCREDIBLE RESORT, WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?:
- Free skiing + riding privileges at Sugarbush and across the family of Alterra Mountain Company resorts for all eligible employees and their dependents.
- Discounted rates at non-Alterra-owned Ikon Pass destinations.
- Free golf and health & recreation center membership for eligible employees and their dependents.
- Combined Time Off (CTO) policy for eligible employees to rest, relax and recharge
- Generous discounts on food & beverage, apparel, and outdoor gear.
- Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term & long-term disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, FSAs, and more
- 401(k) plan with generous company match
- Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible employees
- Employee housing (subject to availability)
Alterra Mountain Company in conjunction with Sugarbush Resort is seeking a manager to function as the strategic business leader of Revenue Management. It has overall responsibility for balancing the financial objectives of different lodging products, winter and summer activities and mountain operations to maximize total revenues. The position is accountable for pricing, positioning, and inventory of all products within the market. Develops and oversees all processes associated with demand, revenue, inventory, forecasting and opportunity analysis. Develops and recommends sales strategy for pricing. Acts as primary contact for and maintains productive relationships with all stakeholders including senior leaders in Lodging, Sales, Marketing, Core Business Owners, Finance, and the Alterra Revenue Management team. The Manager, Revenue Management position will report to the Reginal Director of Revenue Management with Alterra Mountain Company.
- Assist with development of seasonal and annual strategic action plans for Revenue Management across all resort’s lines of business.
- Works closely with the Regional Director of Revenue Management, resort’s Senior leaders, and Lodging and Sales to develop, implement and analyze pricing, inventory and sales strategies for resort lodging, lift and activities products for various market segments.
- Leads weekly revenue management meetings with resort leadership team and operations leaders. Analyzes lodging, lift ticket and presold pass data to identify trends, future need periods and obstacles to achieving goals and provides critical input to resort leadership team for development of overall market sales strategy by business unit. Communicates financial results to stakeholders, makes recommendations and works with business unit leaders to accomplish brand/market objectives and initiatives.
- Leads weekly business review meetings with the sales team, evaluating group profitability, optimizing revenue and occupancy by market segment through critical evaluation of group business.
- Use standard software applications, complex spreadsheet software, analytical tools and hotel systems including Duetto, RTP, SMS, Delphi, and Power BI.
- Utilize available tools and interpret sales/market and competitive data and apply to sales strategy.
- Works closely with Sales, Food & Beverage and Lodging Departments to develop annual operating budget and participates in monthly forecasting process with finance.
- Helps create annual lift revenue budget and strategic pricing plan to reach resort revenue targets.
- Other accounting support or duties as needed.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related field.
- Eight (8) years of experience in a similar position or as Director of finance
- Previous experience within the travel or ski industry preferred.
- Excellent understanding of Revenue/Yield Management Concepts.
- Advanced Excel user
- Strong database analysis skills with the ability to understand how data is organized in multiple systems and how to retrieve appropriate data from source systems.
- Ideal candidate will have strong analytical and communication skills, attention to details, pro-active in reaching goals.
The well-being of our employees, guests, and communities is our top priority as we deliver enhanced operations to help combat the spread of COVID-19. To that end, we have introduced a new Extended COVID Leave Policy, where, in conjunction with other programs, employees may take paid sick leave, up to a maximum of two weeks, due to qualifying reasons related to COVID-19.
Sugarbush Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer
An offer of employment may be contingent upon the results of a background, MVR, or criminal records check
Sugarbush Mountain Resort Inc
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Sugarbush Mountain Resort Inc