Lift Maint Supervisor l Full-Time Year-Round l Housing Available
Sugarbush Mountain Resort Inc Harrisburg, PA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Lift Maintenance Supervisor l Full-Time Year-Round l Housing Available
Please note that this position is based in Warren, VT, and requires relocation for candidates that do not reside within commuting distance.
Sugarbush Resort is a year-round destination offering some of the best skiing and riding in the east, an award-winning ski school, mountain biking, golf, disc golf, an array of dining venues, and a fully appointed Health and Recreation Center. Do you want to join an all-star team dedicated to delivering an unparalleled guest experience? Make this your best season yet by joining the team at Sugarbush and taking advantage of everything Vermont has to offer.
BESIDES GETTING PAID TO WORK AT AN INCREDIBLE RESORT, WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?:
- Free skiing + riding privileges across the family of Alterra Mountain Company resorts for all eligible employees and their dependents. And, discounted rates at non Alterra-owned Ikon Pass destinations.
- Combined Time Off (CTO) policy for eligible employees to rest, relax and recharge
- Generous discounts on outdoor gear and apparel
- Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term & long-term disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, FSAs, and more
- 401(k) plan with generous company match
- Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible employees
- Employee housing (subject to availability)
Sugarbush Resort is seeking a Lift Maintenance Supervisor to join our Mountain Operations team. The Lift Maintenance Supervisor will assist the Lift Maintenance Manager by providing close supervision of lift operations and maintenance, as well as ensuring that all lifts and equipment are mechanically secure through preventive maintenance.
- Determine if a mechanical problem is severe enough to close a lift or when an evacuation is necessary.
- Plan efficiently and effectively to ensure all assigned tasks are completed in a safe, professional, and timely manner.
- Quickly respond to lift problems with breakdowns resolved in a timely manner.
- Plan and conduct regular training sessions to keep all employees in department up to date on lift technology and troubleshooting.
- Supervisory responsibilities include planning and assigning work, training, evaluating job performance, interviewing, disciplining.
- Supervise up to 8 employees.
- Use good judgment in emergency and hazardous situations to avoid injuries and/or liability.
- Plan, supervise and coordinate lift inspection, maintenance, and repair operations for assigned lifts.
- Monitor and inspect all lift maintenance and repair work done on assigned lifts.
- Ensure that assigned mechanics follow established safety procedures.
- Perform regular winter season lift mechanic duties: inspect lifts for any existing or potential problems, and maintain/repair lifts.
- Perform line, drive and return checks and make necessary adjustments.
- Perform regular maintenance tasks and repair or replace worn or broken parts.
- When lift malfunctions are reported, locate and diagnose problems and plan/perform/oversee necessary repairs.
- Report major problems to manager.
- Supervise and carry out a variety of summer lift maintenance and construction projects.
- Confer regularly with immediate supervisor, lift operations personnel, and other company departments to plan and coordinate lift maintenance work, exchange information, investigate and resolve problems.
- Oversee and assist with the maintenance of tools, equipment, and work areas.
- Prepare logs of maintenance and repair work done. Ensure that proper records are kept on work done on all assigned lifts.
- Perform all tasks in an environmentally sound manner, especially in regard to proper disposal of all waste products.
- Support the Sugarbush Vision and Values
- Attend weekly Safety and Service Meetings
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum three years of experience as a Lift Mechanic.
- Strong supervisory and training skills with a minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Strong mechanical, rigging, and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Must possess acute auditory senses for troubleshooting and 2-way radio communication.
- Strong guest service skills.
- Must be able to work under timelines and pressure.
- Must be able and willing to work independently as well as part of a larger team.
- Adherence to all safety policies and procedures is a must.
- This job requires the ability to climb and work at substantial heights and in all kinds of weather.
- Must be able to lift and carry loads up to 100 pounds.
- Valid driver’s license necessary.
- Requires working on weekends and holidays.
- Must recognize and adhere to safety concerns and established protocol.
The base salary range below represents the low and high end of the Sugarbush Mountain Resort Inc. salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to experience, education, training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of production, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel. The range listed is just one component of Sugarbush Mountain Resort Inc.’s total compensation package for employees.
Warren area base salary range: $40,000 - $55,000 per year
The well-being of our employees, guests, and communities is our top priority as we deliver enhanced operations to help combat the spread of COVID-19. To that end, we have introduced a new Extended COVID Leave Policy, where, in conjunction with other programs, employees may take paid sick leave, up to a maximum of two weeks, due to qualifying reasons related to COVID-19.
Sugarbush Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer
An offer of employment may be contingent upon the results of a background, MVR, or criminal records check
Sugarbush Mountain Resort Inc
Real EstateView all jobs at Sugarbush Mountain Resort Inc