Group Service Coordinator
Sugarbush Mountain Resort Inc New York, NY
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Please note that this position is based in Warren, VT, and requires relocation for candidates that do not reside within commuting distance.
Sugarbush Resort is a year-round destination offering some of the best skiing and riding in the east, an award-winning ski school, mountain biking, golf, disc golf, an array of dining venues, and a fully appointed Health and Recreation Center. Do you want to join an all-star team dedicated to delivering an unparalleled guest experience? Make this your best season yet by joining the team at Sugarbush and taking advantage of everything Vermont has to offer.
BESIDES GETTING PAID TO WORK AT AN INCREDIBLE RESORT, WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?:
Our investment in each employee includes a comprehensive wellness initiative, unwavering commitment to safety, growth opportunities, and a wide variety of resort benefits. Employees get to take advantage of our 4000+ acre playground including skiing, golf, mountain activities, health club membership, resort discounts, and more, so it's easy to share your enthusiasm for Sugarbush with our guests.
Sugarbush Resort is seeking a Group Service Coordinator to join our Sales Team. This position will plan and execute conferences, meetings, banquets, overnight and day ski groups, group lodging and ticket needs, and some off-property functions. The position will also assist in the planning and running of wedding events, and will include working with the Group Service Operations Manager.
This is a full-time year-round position with a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, dental and vision coverage, flexible spending accounts for both medical and dependent care, four weeks paid time off, and 401(k). Employees receive free skiing + riding privileges for themselves and eligible dependents, golf, health and recreation center membership, food discounts, and more. Employee housing may be available for this position, subject to availability.
Plan and execute on and off-mountain events. Administration of group related events in include but not limited to:
- Timely communication with client to detail all aspects of event requirements
- Identify up-selling opportunities where applicable
- Adhere to event timeline for key due dates
- Detail and create all Banquet Event Orders (BEOs) with customer
- Greet clients for property tours, event planning, and event arrival dates
- Fulfillment of ticket orders and the creation/printing of actual lift tickets, rental and equipment vouchers for all group market segments
- Group room block coordination and tracking (rooming lists, individual call-in or online bookings)
- Participate in weekly BEO meetings coordinating event needs with food and beverage, lodging, facilities, and mountain operations departments
- Track all communication in applicable CRM system and keep Group Service Operations Manager informed on group progression
- Timely communication with all departments about upcoming group arrivals
- Responsible for collecting deposits, financial reconciliation, and invoicing
- Assist in the coordination of staffing/volunteer needs
- Work with the other sales team members, as designated by the Director of Sales and Group Service Operations Manager when called upon to maximize total team productivity and customer service.
- Support other team members as required
- Support the Sugarbush Vision and Values
- Other responsibilities will include assisting the group sales team in winter with the contract, ticket, and rooming needs.
- Trade Show support if needed
- Applicants must be pro-active self-starters able to work autonomously
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic, and willing to accept constant challenge
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and to schedule, organize and establish priorities
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and follow through with assigned tasks. Have an amazing attitude and the ability to have FUN!
- Strong computer skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Work schedule includes weekends, evenings, and holidays
- Some lifting required
- Resort sales or related experience preferred - helpful to be knowledgeable about skiing and golf
- High attention to detail is critical for this position
The well-being of our employees, guests, and communities is our top priority as we deliver enhanced operations to help combat the spread of COVID-19. To that end, we have introduced a new Extended COVID Leave Policy, where, in conjunction with other programs, employees may take paid sick leave, up to a maximum of two weeks, due to qualifying reasons related to COVID-19.
Sugarbush Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer
An offer of employment may be contingent upon the results of a background, MVR, or criminal records check
Sugarbush Mountain Resort Inc
AddressNew York, NY
BusinessView all jobs at Sugarbush Mountain Resort Inc