Dir of Mountain Operations
Sugarbush Mountain Resort Inc Warren, VT
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Sugarbush Resort is a year-round destination offering some of the best skiing and riding in the east, an award-winning ski school, mountain biking, golf, disc golf, an array of dining venues, and a fully appointed Health and Recreation Center. Do you want to join an all-star team dedicated to delivering an unparalleled guest experience? Make this your best winter yet by joining the team at Sugarbush and taking advantage of everything Vermont has to offer.
BESIDES GETTING PAID TO WORK AT AN INCREDIBLE RESORT, WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?:
Our investment in each employee includes a comprehensive wellness initiative, unwavering commitment to safety, growth opportunities, and a wide variety of resort benefits. Employees get to take advantage of our 4000+ acre playground including skiing, golf, mountain activities, health club membership, resort discounts, and more, so it's easy to share your enthusiasm for Sugarbush with our guests.
Sugarbush Mountain Resort is seeking to hire a Director of Mountain Operations to join our team. The ideal candidate will embrace our mission of lifelong adventure and camaraderie, and promote our core principles of respect, integrity, teamwork and sustainability. The Director of Mountain Operations will provide coordination with Snowmaking, Trail Maintenance, Lift Maintenance, Ski Patrol, Vehicle Maintenance, Grooming, Terrain Parks, and the Green Mountain Valley School.
This is a full-time, year-round position with a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision insurance, flexible spending account for both medical and dependent care, 401k, paid time off, daycare and free access for you and your eligible dependents to all mountain activities including skiing, golf, and our onsite Health and Recreation Center.
- Regular snow surface evaluation, preferably on skis or snowboard, in order to offer input to daily snowmaking and grooming plans and to provide constructive feedback to snowmaking and grooming personnel.
- Oversee departmental safety training, operating trainings, and development of customer service and safety culture in the Mountain Operations departments.
- Identify operational improvements and oversee resulting plans of action.
- Direct the activities of subordinate managers and ensure that all subordinate areas of responsibility support company policies, programs, and goals.
- Lead by example, with all professional behavior and decisions made in alignment with Sugarbush’s mission and principles.
- Education – High School diploma required, BA or BS preferred
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in ski area operations management
- Supervisory/management experience required, preferably in mountain operations.
- Lift operation experience required
- Technical knowledge base pertaining to snowmaking and grooming operations required with particular emphasis on allocation of resources and evaluation of quality and productivity.
- Basic financial management skills with an emphasis on budgeting and managing to budgets required
- Must have valid Drivers License and an acceptable driving record
The well-being of our employees, guests, and communities is our top priority as we deliver enhanced operations to help combat the spread of COVID-19. To that end, we have introduced a new Extended COVID Leave Policy, where, in conjunction with other programs, employees may take paid sick leave, up to a maximum of two weeks, due to qualifying reasons related to COVID-19.
Sugarbush Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer
An offer of employment may be contingent upon the results of a background, MVR, or criminal records check