Produce quality dry-pressed technical ceramic products that meets or exceeds customer expectations for quality, quantity, and on-time delivery. Operates powder compaction machines in the dry press area.
(Tasks listed are intended to be descriptive and not restrictive. An employee in this position may perform any of the tasks listed; however, these examples do not include all the tasks which an employee may be expected to perform.)
Hours of work: Friday through Sunday (5:00 AM - 5:30 PM)
Paid 40 HoursCompensation:
$14.50 per hourResponsibilities:
- Run various pressed products on multiple machines and models
- Read hand held measuring instruments
- Read and understand job specific part dimensional specifications
- Maintain proper part specific press conditions per procedure (IE: green weight, thickness)
- Properly load parts for kiln firing
- Must maintain SAP and press logs and other related paperwork as required
- Must visually inspect parts during operation for sticking and other defects
- Daily clean department and follow 5-S objectives set by supervisor
- Required to run 2 to 3 machines when necessary and must be able to stand for long periods unless the job permits otherwise
- Adhere to all plant wide safety and environmental regulations and objectives
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- High School graduate or GED preferred
- Basic knowledge of computer operation
- Must be able to work independently and carefully follow written and/or verbal instructions
- Must be able to communicate by speech, writing and hearing in person and/or by phone in a businesslike, professional manner
SOFTWARE SKILLS REQUIRED
- Computer software including MS Office, Adobe, e-mail, SAP
- Most work is completed on the production floor
- Most work is completed onsite
- Working hours are 8 hour shifts per schedule from supervisor with frequent weekend overtime required
The following physical activities described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations. While performing the functions of this job, the employee is continuously required to sit, talk or hear; frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and color vision.
There are no harmful environmental conditions that are present for this position. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The above statements are intended to describe the work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. The duties and responsibilities of this position are subject to change and other duties may be assigned or removed at any time.About Company
Sugar Foods Corporation has been in business for over 20 years, specializing in food packaging and manufacturing. Customer is king at SFC, with several clients who are part of the Fortune 500.