The Project Engineer provides support to the Project Management and Field Operations teams.
If you are an innovative collaborator and proven performer who enjoys working on teams that deliver superior results, you may qualify for a rewarding career at Suffolk, a construction management firm that is sparking an industry revolution and has consistently been named a "best place to work"!
Field Operations Responsibilities:
- Gain a basic knowledge and understanding of document control.
- Knowledge on reading and processing basic shop drawings and comparing them to project documents. Verification of shop drawings to field conditions.
- Gain a basic understanding of the Exhibit B process.
- Assist in maintenance of project file.
- Support the quality control and punch list process.
- Gain a basic understanding of the construction process, including the means and methods of various trades.
- Assist with site logistics and Construction Management Plan.
- Assist with establishing and maintaining vertical and horizontal control on the project.
- Assist with safety requirements on the job.
- Assist with the Baseline Schedule updates.
- Assist Superintendent with project documentation including the Daily Report.
Project Management Responsibilities:
- Assist with creation of Change Orders and understand the processes and procedures around them.
- Assist with purchasing process, from procurement through execution of the Subcontract/PO.
- Assist with the backcharge process.
- Assist with processing of vendor and subcontractor requisitions.
- Knowledge on reading and processing shop drawings and comparing them to project documents.
- Gain a basic understanding of contract documents.
- Assist with the owner requisition process.
- Support the punch list process and work with the team to develop O&M Manuals and as-built warranty information.
- Assist with the submittal, procurement, and delivery process
- Participate in project meetings.
- Candidate must possess Suffolk's Core Values: Passion, Integrity, Hard Work, Professionalism and Caring
- Computer Literate.
- Good communication skills
- Accurate with an attention to detail.
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent construction management experience
- Candidate must possess Suffolk's Core Values: Passion, Integrity, Hard Work and Professionalism
- Computer Literate
- Good communication skills
- Accurate with an attention to detail
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time; talk or hear; perform fine motor, hand and finger skills in the use of a keyboard, telephone, or writing. The employee is frequently required to stands; walk; and reach with arms and/or hands. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The employee will spend their time in an office environment with a quiet to moderate noise level. Job site walking.
Suffolk provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, national origin, citizenship, genetic information, disability, protected veteran, gender identity, age or any other status protected by law. This policy applies to recruiting, hiring, transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation, benefits, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Suffolk will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination toward, or harassment of, applicants or employees by anyone at Suffolk, or anyone working on behalf of Suffolk.
Street: 901 Main Street