Project Engineer, Mission Critical
Suffolk is a national enterprise that builds, innovates and invests. Suffolk is an end-to-end business that provides value throughout the entire project lifecycle by leveraging its core construction management services with vertical service lines that include real estate capital investment, design, self-perform construction services, technology start-up investment (Suffolk Technologies) and innovation research/development.
Suffolk – America’s Contractor – is a national company with more than $5.0 billion in annual revenue, 2,600 employees, and main offices in Boston (headquarters), New York City, Miami, West Palm Beach, Tampa, Estero, Dallas, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and San Diego. Suffolk manages some of the most complex, sophisticated projects in the country, serving clients in every major industry sector, including healthcare, life sciences, education, gaming, transportation/aviation, government, mission critical and commercial. Suffolk is privately held and is led by founder, chairman and CEO John Fish. Suffolk is ranked #8 on ENR’s list of “Top CM-at-Risk Contractors.” For more information, visit www.suffolk.com and follow Suffolk on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Instagram.
The Project Engineer assists in managing, evaluating, and assessing information necessary to construct the project on timeResponsibilities:
- Assist with document control and Exhibit Bs
- Read and understand basic shop drawings and compare them to project documents. Verification of shop drawings to field conditions
- Assist in maintenance of project file
- Support the quality control and punch list process
- Assist with site logistics and Construction Management Plan
- Assist with establishing and maintaining vertical and horizontal control on the project
- Assist with safety requirements on the job
- Assist with the Baseline Schedule updates
- Assist Superintendent with project documentation including the Daily Report
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent construction management experience
- Demonstrated leadership skills and aptitude.
- Highly organized, able to prioritize and multi-task
- Candidate must possess Suffolk’s Core Values: Passion, Integrity, Hard Work, Professionalism, and Caring
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time; talk or hear; perform fine motor, hand and finger skills in the use of a keyboard, telephone, or writing. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; and reach with arms and/or hands. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The employee will spend their time in an office environment with a quiet to moderate noise level. Job site walking.EEO Statement:
Suffolk provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, national origin, citizenship, genetic information, disability, protected veteran, gender identity, age or any other status protected by law. This policy applies to recruiting, hiring, transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation, benefits, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Suffolk will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination toward, or harassment of, applicants or employees by anyone at Suffolk, or anyone working on behalf of Suffolk.
Suffolk Construction Company, Inc.Ashburn, VA
TechnologyView All Suffolk Construction Company, Inc. Jobs
Get fresh Project Engineer, Mission Critical jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.