Assistant Project Manager, Mission Critical
Suffolk is a national enterprise that builds, innovates and invests. Suffolk is an end-to-end business that provides value throughout the entire project lifecycle by leveraging its core construction management services with vertical service lines that include real estate capital investment, design, self-perform construction services, technology start-up investment (Suffolk Technologies) and innovation research/development.
Suffolk - America's Contractor - is a national company with more than $5.0 billion in annual revenue, 2,600 employees, and main offices in Boston (headquarters), New York City, Miami, West Palm Beach, Tampa, Estero, Dallas, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and San Diego. Suffolk manages some of the most complex, sophisticated projects in the country, serving clients in every major industry sector, including healthcare, life sciences, education, gaming, transportation/aviation, government, mission critical and commercial. Suffolk is privately held and is led by founder, chairman and CEO John Fish. Suffolk is ranked #8 on ENR's list of "Top CM-at-Risk Contractors." For more information, visit www.suffolk.com and follow Suffolk on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Instagram.
Suffolk is seeking people who are bold. Curious. Innovative. Caring. Looking for the career opportunity of a lifetime. We'll challenge and inspire you to be your very best. We'll embrace what makes you unique and lift you up as you take chances. Here, you'll find a place where you can act with purpose and integrity, bringing intelligence and grit to every aspect of your job. Join us for the chance to leverage your inherent curiosity and proven capabilities to catapult you to the next level.
The Assistant Project Manager works with the Project Manager in running the day-to-day project management operations on the job.
- Log-in and track Contracts & Purchase Orders
- Use experience and judgment to price, approve and/or reject Project Change Orders, Submittals, and respond to Requests for Information
- Log-in, track and review shop drawings and submittals and respond to Requests for Information
- Request Insurance Certificates from subcontractors to review for compliance with the Company's insurance requirements
- Create and update Vendor and Subcontractor Contact Log
- Price and create Proposed Change Orders
- Submit, track response and issue Requests for Information
- Responsible for managing the building permit process and resolving any issues related thereto
- Plan revision submissions to municipality
- Work with Company Attorneys on contracts, Insurance Certificates, Insurance discrepancies & Contract modifications
- Act as a liaison with subcontractors to resolve any disputes, questions, or issues related to subcontractor's work and progress.
- Assist with Project Schedule Narratives
- Take Weekly Video and distribute to General Manager
- Create Weekly Meeting Minutes - Owner's and Subcontractors meetings
- Set up coordination meetings with Subcontractors
- Distribute revised drawings to Subcontractors
- Using best judgment, write up descriptions for Purchase Orders and Subcontract Requests
- Responsible for obtaining and tracking Subcontractor warranty certificates
- Responsible for creating close-out manuals
- Conducts training for OSHA 10 or 30 Hour, HAZWOPER, and other Safety related topics
- Bachelor's degree in applicable discipline
- 2+ years of related experience or completion of Suffolk's Career Start Program as a Project Engineer or Project Engineer with another firm
- The ability to manage and embrace change. Respond and adapt to new processes and new ways of looking at old problems
- Computer Literate
- Good communication skills
- Accurate with an attention to detail
- Candidate must possess Suffolk's Core Values: People Above All, Courageously Driven, Find A Way and Endlessly Curious
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time; talk or hear; perform fine motor, hand and finger skills in the use of a keyboard, telephone, or writing. The employee is frequently required to stands; walk; and reach with arms and/or hands. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The employee will spend their time in an office environment with a quiet to moderate noise level. Job site walking.
Suffolk provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, national origin, citizenship, genetic information, disability, protected veteran, gender identity, age or any other status protected by law. This policy applies to recruiting, hiring, transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation, benefits, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Suffolk will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination toward, or harassment of, applicants or employees by anyone at Suffolk, or anyone working on behalf of Suffolk.
3 Data CenterAshburn, VA
Get fresh Assistant Project Manager, Mission Critical jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.