The Suddath Companies Oakland, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Warehouse Manager - San Jose, CA
Job Summary: The Warehouse Manager schedules and coordinates daily warehouse activity. The manager requests staff from operations and schedules the order, flow, and priority of work. The manager oversees the security, layout, cleanliness, and maintenance of the warehouse facility and the material handling equipment used in the facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Scheduling and Documentation:
- Schedule work to be completed including priority and timing
- Coordinate with the Warehouse Supervisor and the Branch Dispatcher to assign needed crew based on workload
- Schedule work to minimize overtime expense and to meet accepted productivity standards
- Assure that approvals have been received for all incoming and outgoing shipments
- Assure that documentation is prepared and available for all warehouse activity
- Assure the completeness and accuracy of documentation produced by the warehouse crew
- Monitor the timeliness and accuracy of the warehouse management system and locator system (WMS)
- Monitor certifications for material handling equipment operators
- Maintain records of daily inspections, repair, and maintenance of Powered Industrial Trucks (PIT), and other material handling equipment, ladders, dock levelers, etc.
- Assure that all people in the warehouse are equipped with the proper apparel, visibility items, and safety equipment
- Communicate and enforce all OSHA safety standards and Suddath safety policies
- Hold regularly scheduled safety meetings and beginning of day briefings specific to warehouse safety
Facilities and Equipment:
- Assure the maintenance of cleanliness and order in the warehouse and facility grounds
- Review space utilization and initiate changes to improve utilization rates and increase capacity
- Regularly review equipment and assets and dispose of excess or obsolete items
- Monitor building and grounds, equipment, and tools for needed maintenance and repairs
- Establish and monitor equipment and tool check-out and check-in control processes
- Complete facilities inspections as scheduled, and accompany outside parties such as military or fire inspectors on their facility inspections
- Monitor security systems such as locks, fences, surveillance systems, and lock up procedures
Quality and Claims Prevention:
- Assure that all warehousemen have completed required training such as Quality Labor Training
- Monitor vaulting standards and racking processes for safe handling and minimizing loss
- Audit record-keeping and WMS entries to assure the accuracy
- Communicate loss and damage results and implement best practices and continuous improvement processes
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
**PLEASE APPLY TO BE CONSIDERED**
The Suddath Companies
From humble beginnings in 1919 as a moving company in Jacksonville, Florida, we have grown into a $600-million global transportation, relocation management and logistics company, serving 180 countries with 2,000 employees around the globe. Each year, we move more than 80,000 households, including 30,000 military families. We also provide logistics, employee relocation and commercial services to the world’s best-known brands and are North America’s largest commercial mover.
Transportation and Storage