Railroad Signal Maintainer
- Medical , Retirement
Title: Signal Maintainer
Location: Mobile – Southeast Region
Company: Remcan Projects
Travel: 75-100% This position requires extensive travel- potential for 2 weeks away at a time
Benefits: 401K, Health benefits & insurance
Summary: Responsible for performing daily installations, labor, testing, inspections and other operations for signal construction, repair, and maintenance. This position must operate safely, communicate effectively, and work as a team to complete tasks. This position will work with a mobile team that travels to work sites.
PRIMARY/ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists in the cleaning and preparing of a construction or work site
- Assists with the installing, inspecting, testing & maintaining train control systems & grade crossing warning device equipment at railroad signal projects
- Utilize mini-excavators, backhoes, and other machinery as needed
- Read and understand work orders, instructions, Blueprints, and complete tasks for signal maintenance & Construction.
- Loads, unloads materials, machinery, and tools as necessary
- Wear required personal protective equipment (PPE) Including but not limited to Steele Toe Boots, Safety Glasses, Reflective Apparel, Hearing Protection, Gloves, Etc.
- Troubleshoot issues and deal with typical problems that occur in track Railroad signal maintenance & Installation practices
- Write simple correspondence and reports as required
- Effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
- Perform basic mathematics to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Comply with all rules and regulations and instructions for company, state, and federal requirements
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma/GED required
- Experience in electrical engineering / electronics preferred
- Experience operating machinery such as backhoes and mini-excavators preferred
- CDL Class A preferred
- Military Experience preferred
- Experience preferred but not necessary
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions and may be required to work nights, holidays, and weekends. The employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. May be exposed to live track/trains and high voltage. Exposure to all weather conditions.
The listed above job description may not represent all of the duties and responsibilities that may be required of this position. There may be additional or unplanned duties which may be required.
All new hires must be able to successfully complete a DOT pre-employment drug test and a background check for E-Railsafe requirements.
This company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Powered by JazzHR
Succession Planning for Railroads Investing in the Next Generation (SPRING)Clinton, MS
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.