Google Solutions Architect
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Our New Teammate
Our new teammate lives and breathes all things Google. We are looking for a Google Workspace Engineer that is a self-starter, with good time management skills and requires minimum oversight and/or direction.
The ideal candidate can confidently ensure the operational effectiveness and secure operation of Google Cloud (specific to the Workspace platform), Active Directory, and related technologies in the collaboration ecosystem.
Job Responsibilities What to Expect
- Confidently serve as a trusted advisor to ensure DoIT is using the Google Workspace Platform efficiently and effectively to meet Agency needs and ensure the platform is integrating well with other tools and processes.
- Effectively provide subject matter expertise in Google Workspace solutions and lead all technical aspects of engineering, maintenance, and management of the Google Workspace messaging and collaboration solutions.
- Routinely perform hands-on design, configuration, and troubleshooting of Google Workspace including migrating data to Google, integrating Active Directory environments with Google, and educating customer technical resources.
- Effectively provide subject matter expertise in Chrome, leading all technical aspects of Chrome Enterprise projects, and serve as the escalation point for the technical support resources dedicated to advanced Workspace and Chrome issues.
- Eagerly support the development and implementation of holistic identity and access security policies that will automate the access control management for Google Cloud resources consistently across the DoIT enterprise.
- Efficiently resolve P1 and P2 incidents; perform business impact assessments; coordinate and carry out suitable resolutions involving key technical teams including Google Support; provide problem resolution reports for management as required.
- Enthusiastically develop relationships with internal and external partners in order to better understand user needs and ensure that DoIT is maximizing the usage, performance, and stability of the collaboration platform.
- Thoroughly evaluate third-party Google application requests and ensure they meet Maryland security standards.
- Other tasks as assigned by management.
Knowledge & Expertise
- 5+ years of hands-on experience deploying and administering Google Workspace in enterprise environments
- 5+ years of hands-on experience configuring and managing Google Workspace services including mail delivery, routing, and filtering; Allowlist & Blocklist; SMTP, data loss prevention (DLP), Retention, and eDiscovery Configuration
- 5+ years of hands-on experience implementing role-based access controls, using Google Workspace Admin Console
- 5+ years of hands-on experience providing specialized access via APIs
- 5+ years of hands-on experience creating granular access control policies to resources based on attributes like device security status, IP address, resource type, and date/time
- Experience implementing, managing, and operationalizing DMARC, DKIM, SPF, and email/DNS interaction
- Required Certifications: Google Professional Cloud Architect, Google Professional Cloud Security Engineer, Google Professional Collaboration Engineer, and Security+
- ISC(2) CCSP/CISSP or comparable security certification, preferred
- Proven ability to develop system operational requirements (e.g., change and configuration management standards)
- Proven ability to create system process documentation and other operational documents
- Proven ability to identify system misconfigurations that could result in security risk
- Strong expertise in email, email infrastructure, mail transfer protocols, mail access protocols, email security, spam, phishing, and virus protection, preferred.
- Troubleshooting and Sync Support for FIM / MIM / SDS / Active Directory / Domain Controllers experience desired
Since our client is a state agency, we have some additional requirements directly from them. Candidates must understand the following:
- Candidate is expected to work in the Maryland office as requested by the client.
- Candidates must be able to verify U.S. Citizenship or US Green cardholder.
- H1B, or other visas are not eligible.
- Pre-employment drug test is required.
- Pre-employment background check will be run.
- In addition, once hired there will be an FBI Fingerprinting and background check as part of the security process for access into government systems.
Our mission is to build a more resilient and connected society. By providing flawless,
next-generation IT services, our team plays an integral role in ensuring that millions of
drivers on miles of roads get where they need to go, literally! We help our clients keep
their state moving, and their cities and neighborhoods safe.
We create business-aware networks today that are flexible and scalable for tomorrow.
Our approach lies in understanding your mission and designing a network that will
evolve as you face new challenges in a multi-tenant environment. We design the
building blocks for future growth with specific expertise in enterprise networks, data
Success By Design
Get fresh Google Architect jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.