Looking for motivated individuals with management experience that have flexible schedules. We are a 24 hour Subway on First and Bullard in Fresno, CA that needs a motivated assistant manager that can work afternoons to potential early graveyards.
We are a family owned company that loves to promote from within. We offer health insurance and opportunities from advancement from within.
The Assistant Manager supervises daily operations to ensure that food safety, product preparation, and cleanliness standards are maintained. Schedules and supervises staff. Maintains standards of restaurant safety and security. Exceptional customer service is a major component of this position. Assistant manager is the right hand of the manager. Available to take on tasks, help with training and overall running of the store. The biggest task of the assistant manager is to support and assist with store operations in any assigned manner.
1. Responsible for training all employees to make sandwiches according to Subway standards as well as vegetable preparation and bread baking in support of manager.
2. Manages a staff of approximately 4 to 12. Assigns, oversees and evaluates work in accordance with manager’s needs
3. Recommends promotion, transfer, or termination of employees. May conduct written and verbal staff evaluations with (manager Approval).
4. Coordinates and supervises staff so that standards of cleanliness are maintained as outlined in the Subway Operations Manual.
5. As needed, supervises food preparation to ensure that food safety and operations standards are maintained.
6. Performs inventory, delivery and coke orders at the request of the store manager
7. Assists with planning of special events and promotions when asked
8. Inspects and maintains all equipment to ensure proper working order reports to manager when item is broken or un-functioning
9. Communicates changes of food preparation formulas, standards, etc. to staff in support of manager
10. Supports local and national marketing initiatives and is well trained on what is coming up
11. Attend all trainings required by Fresno office
12. Does weekly schedule (when assigned) by Monday morning and submitted to manager for approval then put in the system by Monday 3pm
13. Helps maintain office and store organization and paperwork
14. Attends with manager or other employee all social events and Chamber events possible when assigned
15. Assists manager with daily bank and recap paperwork making sure it is faxed daily by noon and stored in weekly paperwork
16. Runs the window meeting concerning the next window information and assists in other areas of the meeting where needed.
17. Reports back to manager when all designated or specially assigned tasks are completed
18. Held responsible under manager for the level of cleanliness and the maintaining of compliance on evaluations
Education: High school graduate, Some College preferred
Experience: Experience in QSR operations, preferably with supervisory experience. Requires excellent communication skills, ability to deal with all levels of employees. computer knowledge is desirable.
Physical: Must be able to work any area of the restaurant when needed and to operate a computerized Point of Sale system/cash register. Position requires bending, standing, and walking the entire workday. Must have the ability to lift 10 pounds frequently and up to 30 pounds occasionally.