SouthWest Water Company is looking for an Operator to perform routine monitoring and testing of water and wastewater to assist with facility operation, maintenance, and service.
Essential Job Functions
- Operate the utility's potable water production, distribution and storage to meet customer demand, minimize water production and energy costs, and maintain safe drinking water quality. Maintain records. Perform construction activities required to repair the water system. Perform repairs and replacement of mechanical equipment and perform preventative maintenance programs. Execute valve inspection and exercising program
- Read meters and perform activities required to remove existing and install new water meters using materials from inventory.
- Respond to customer service calls and visit customers to checks water leaks, respond to customer inquiries regarding high/low pressure, no water, high bill complaints, and turn customer services on and off.
- Respond to customer calls and make service calls to check sewer backups, flushes lines, and locate sewer line problems.
- Operate, maintain and clean wastewater system including septic tanks and wastewater treatment equipment.
- Maintaining water quality in effluent holding ponds through monitoring, sampling, and application of chemicals to inhibit algae growth. Maintain and operate recycled water reuse pump station.
- Collect samples and perform routine monitoring and testing of wastewater (including but not limited to effluent samples, flows, settleable solids, dissolved oxygen), and calibrating instruments and logs data, and checks chlorine residual. Maintains daily data log for reports to regulator.
- Daily inspection of plant sites to determine that equipment is running within desired limits. Responsible to establish and maintain communication processes to trigger appropriate action if equipment is found to be running outside of desired limits or has failed. Responsible for the collection of operational data during daily inspection.
- Routine inspection of plant sites and the identification and correction or safeguarding of unsafe conditions. Responsible to maintain appearance and integrity of landscaping, structures, fencing and other improvements at Company facilities.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Ability to obtain necessary certifications within 18 months of hire required (DWS Distribution Operator, DEQ Treatment Operator)
- Backflow Tester Certification Required
- One to two years of related experience.
- Ability to lift or carry up to 90 pounds,walk up to 5 miles per day, andconstantly stoop, kneel, crouch, and stand
- Ability to workon-call hours
- Valid Oregondriver's license with acceptable driving record.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Suburban Water Systems