Imagine being part of a team that supplies the essential element for life. Water is the very foundation of this planet, the life-giving essence in all organisms, including human bodies. Without good, clean water, we couldn't survive and not a single thing we see around us would be possible. Driven, knowledgeable and passionate about this essential resource, the Suburban Water Systems team, a subsidiary of SouthWest Water, is in the business of delivering a product everyone uses and depends on. SouthWest Water owns and operates regulated water and wastewater systems serving over half a million residential and business customers in six states: Alabama, California, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Carolina and Texas.
Suburban Water serves a population of about 300,000 through a water distribution system that covers all or portions of Glendora, Covina, West Covina, La Puente, Hacienda Heights, City of Industry, Whittier, La Mirada, La Habra, Buena Park and unincorporated portions of California's Los Angeles and Orange counties.
We're proud of our work. Daily, we make a difference in the lives of people by providing them water and wastewater services. Don't wait, the opportunity is now to build yours and our planet's future with Suburban Water.
About the Role:
- Partners with business leaders to provide expertise in performance management, data analysis, compensation and benefits and employee relations
- Manages full-cycle recruiting efforts including drafting postings, reviewing applications, interviewing and offers
- Develops new programs to address, evaluate, and accommodate special challenges, including employee retention, employee relations, succession and recognition
- Provides the business with data and metrics using HR systems and strong excel skills
- Provides coaching, counseling, and mentoring to managers, supervisors, and staff
- Ensures HR practices are consistent with business objectives, internal standards, and regulatory requirements
- Functions as the focal point for Benefits Administration
- Answers general questions from employees and management regarding benefits, compensation, payroll, FMLA, policies and procedures
- Leads management team through employee related issues, conflict resolution and related change management.
- Reviews and revises local job descriptions to accurately reflect skills, education and training, job skills, and other qualifications
- Responsible for execution of personnel action forms and assures proper approvals; disseminates approved forms
- Evaluates training needs, develops and delivers a variety of training courses/classes designed to meet identified training requirements
- Assists on various projects and completes other duties as requested
- Solid understanding of general employment practices, with additional experience in HRIS, benefits and employee recruitment and selection
- Strong analytical skills and ability to present complex analytical data in succinct formats for decision making
- Strong computer skills, advanced Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, VLOOKUP), Word, & PowerPoint
- Demonstrable experience with Human Resource Information Systems (SAP preferred) and computer based performance appraisal systems and applicant tracking systems
- System implementation, testing and training skills
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member, and interact with all levels of employees and management
- Ability to handle multiple projects effectively
- PHR and/or SHRM CP Certification preferred
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Business with an emphasis in Human Resources.
Experience: Minimum 4 years of Human Resource Generalist experience
Computer Skills: Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Windows Explorer is required; Human Resource information system experience required.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro