- Posted: over a month ago
Suburban Home Health is seeking experienced, passionate Physical Therapists to join our team servicing Boone county and the surrounding areas! With one-on-one patient interactions and manageable caseloads, this is the job for you! Suburban Home Health is committed to providing highly skilled, compassionate care to improve the quality of life for our patients.
The Physical Therapist is responsible for providing rehabilitation treatment and care in the home to adult and/or geriatric patients of Suburban Home Health.
- Evaluates patients and develops a rehabilitation plan within the parameters prescribed by the referring physician to improve or restore physical functioning, alleviate pain and prevent physical dysfunction.
- Documents patient progress and communicates with other clinicians such as occupational therapy, speech therapy and skilled nursing on the status of patient’s treatment plans.
- Administers active and passive exercises to help relieve pain, increase patient strength or decrease or prevent deformity.
- Directs physical therapist assistants and home health aides on the course of treatment for designated patients
- Educates and instructs patients, families and caregivers regarding treatment plans and procedures.
- Plans discharge when patient goals have been attained and communicates proper follow-up care to patient and caregivers.
- Adheres to established organizational and departmental policies, standard operating procedures, quality assessment, and safety guidelines.
- Displays and maintains behavior which promotes a positive experience for patients, caregivers, referring physicians and co-workers.
- Graduate degree, or equivalent years of experience, from an accredited school of physical therapy and holder of a current permanent or temporary license from the Indiana Medical Licensing Board required.
- At least one year’s experience in physical therapy preferred.
- CPR certification or willingness to gain CPR certification required.
- Must possess attention to detail skills.
- Ability to prioritize work using fundamental time management skills.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills to foster a team environment.
- Working knowledge of the healthcare system work environment and the role of the physical therapist in the “health care team” required.
- Demonstrates knowledge and technical skill necessary for providing competent, comprehensive patient care.
- Must possess problem solving abilities, excellent customer service skills and Patient First characteristics.
- Ability to perform essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
Suburban Home Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Suburban Home Health is committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination, harassment, and workplace violence. All employment decisions at Suburban Home Health are made based on job requirements, individual qualifications, or business need without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected characteristics under applicable law. Suburban Home Health creates a culture with zero tolerance for discrimination or harassment and seeks an environment of inclusion and respect at work.
Suburban Home Health
HealthcareView all jobs at Suburban Home Health