Subtext Saint Louis, MO
- Expired: April 23, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Subtext is a rapidly growing real estate development company specializing in the development of urban multifamily and student housing communities across the country. With over $1 billion of projects successfully completed or under construction and over $700m in predevelopment, we are seeking a bright, passionate, and hardworking individual to help execute our mission of delivering a best-in-class resident experience. This is a unique opportunity for a self-motivated and driven individual to join a dynamic development company and make significant contributions to our ambitious growth plan.
The Development Manager executes development projects by overseeing all facets and activities from inception to stabilization. We are looking for an individual with strong leadership and problem-solving skills to overcome the challenges that arise throughout the development process. The position will oversee contract negotiation and land acquisition, the due diligence process, work with governmental agencies through entitlements, oversee consultants through the design development process and facilitate the closing of land and capital.
Our ideal applicant is a motivated, passionate problem solver that is also detail-oriented and able to manage and effectively mitigate risk. Strong verbal and written communication skills are also warranted.
Job Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage the development of new construction student and multifamily projects from inception to land closing and oversee the project through construction until being handed off to operations.
- Oversee underwriting on potential opportunities and manage overall project budget throughout the project lifecycle.
- Review and negotiate contracts and other agreements, including letters of intent, purchase and sale agreements, professional service agreements, leases, etc.
- Oversee development team and consultants to complete due diligence process and identify, document, and mitigate key project risks.
- Lead projects through the governmental approvals and permitting processes.
- Oversee internal and external design teams to ensure design is consistent with company standards and brand design intent.
- Provide clear direction and oversight to consultants and team members to ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget.
- Present project information to internal executive leadership, project partners and governmental boards/agencies when necessary.
- Report directly to the Director of Development.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a focus in Business, Real Estate, Engineering, Law, or related discipline is required. Graduate degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 4 years prior real estate development experience is required.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and react quickly in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to interact with various officials, consultants, and community groups.
- Strong problem-solving skills, creative thinking and solid organization and leadership skills.
- Entrepreneurial and self-motivated, with the ability to work equally well on own as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time, balance priorities and deadlines.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite.
- Travel 5-10 days a month is required.
Job Type: Full – Time
Compensation and Benefits:
Vacation and Sick Time Off
Employer Pays 100% of Employee Premiums for Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
Cell Phone Allowance
Location: Subtext’s corporate office is in Saint Louis, Missouri. Relocation to the Greater Saint Louis area is required.
3000 Locust St.Saint Louis, MO
TechnologyView all jobs at Subtext