Admissions Coordinator/ Intake Specialist
Admits patients to the health care program by maintaining admitting guidelines; marketing programs; obtaining applicant information; screening applicants; completing the admissions process; resolving patient dissatisfactions.
The Admissions Coordinator is responsible for working directly with prospective patients and families on inquiry/intake calls and coordinates patient screenings and admissions.
This position is located in our clinical office, not a call center.
Demonstrates competence in the knowledge of the natural history of dependence distinguished between alcohol and other drugs related symptoms, pre-existing physical problems or pathological behaviors.
Demonstrates competence in an understanding of the range of treatment needed for chemically dependent individuals.
Demonstrates exceptional follow-up skills with families and treating professionals
- Conducts pre-admission assessments
- Answers inquiry calls efficiently and courteously
- Field live calls and web leads effectively and efficiently‐ following Salesforce Workflow process to ensure appropriate completion of tasks from start to finish.
- Review prospective admission against approved admission criteria, policies and procedures.
- Coordinates and schedules patient admissions
- Provides pertinent information to the clinical team and case managers concerning admissions.
- Responsible for obtaining demographic and financial information during inquiry calls
- Forwards financial coverage information to billing unit, verifying insurance information as necessary
- Maintains the Salesforce database by entering incoming and outgoing calls
- Makes outbound phone calls to referents, as assigned
- Responsible for mailing program literature when requested
- Conducts facility tours to prospective patients, family members, and visitors.
- Coordinates with referral sources, as needed.
- Participates in referral development activities.
- Other duties as assigned
Admissions Coordinator Skills and Qualifications:
- Able to recognize and assist in crisis situations and provide interventions based on training and experience
- Minimum of 1 to 3 years experience in healthcare, preferably in mental health/behavioral health field
- Multi-tasking, Listening, Verbal Communication, Energy Level, Teamwork, People Skills, Documentation Skills, PC Proficiency, Organization, Bedside Manner, Creating a Safe, Effective Environment
Lighthouse Recovery Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace. Local candidates desired, no relocation offered.