The Supplier Quality Assurance Engineer (SQA group) utilizes part drawings, technical specifications and other standards to determine part requirements and conformance to those requirements using PFMEA, Control Plans, Work Instructions, etc. as follows:
- Lead and support in-depth process audits at Suppliers
- Track and analyze trend data for key metrics in order to identify and prioritize improvement projects for continuous improvement at Suppliers
- Review, track and disposition weekly and monthly reports
- Effectively interact and communicate with entities inside and outside of SIA
- Moderate travel to Suppliers for audits and follow-up required within the US, Mexico, Canada and overseas
- Project Management of all activities included within the scope of Supplier Audits, Follow Up, Scheduling and Completion
Minimum Qualifications: Supplier Quality Engineer, Quality Assurance Engineer
- 1+ year in a Quality Engineering role - does not need to be automotive specific
- 100% must: Auditing experience. Auditor certification not needed, rather experience conducting audits weekly, monthly, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology: Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Technology, Industrial Engineering, etc.
- Willingness and ability to travel 20-25%, mixture of day trips and overnights - mostly domestic.
- Willingness and ability to work 1-3 Saturdays a month depending on production needs.
Desired Qualifications (not required)
- Automotive OEM or Tier 1 supplier internship experience
- Experience with PFMEA, PPAP, DMAIC, and Statistical Process Control
- ASQ/SME/Six Sigma or other applicable professional certificates / exposure
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology, or another engineering degree - Industrial Engineering, etc.
Join a team where our associates are the most important part of our company. We take an active interest in our associates’ wellbeing and great pride in offering one of the best benefits packages in the community. We offer premium free medical, dental, and vision insurance. Yes, you read that correctly – premium free! Our 401(k) retirement plan includes a generous employer match, in addition to an annual discretionary contribution paid by SIA.
We’ll make life easier with our on-site health and wellness center, an on-site recreation center (with free personal trainers), and our on-site daycare for the little ones.
We know how important time away from work is as well, which is why our time off program includes a two week summer shut down in addition to the week between Christmas and New Years off, allowing you to get the R&R you deserve when you need it most.
Last, but not least, we are proud to offer tuition reimbursement and professional development programs to our associates, including access to on-site programs through Purdue Polytechnic College, Ivy Tech, and Vincennes University.